Hello

lindsayclubb
17th February 2006, 23:44
Hi! Not a navy person but been about ships, boats and mariners most of my life, the first twelve or so years of which was spent (as the son of one of the Divisional Commanders) at the School of Navigation, Warsash (they were happy days).

Prime reason for joining is that I am endeavouring to find out as much as I can about one ship, HMS Rushen Castle, later to become Weather Surveyor (have just set up a weblog at www.rushencastle.co.uk).

With a father and an uncle in the Merchant Navy (both sadly now dead) I've got lots of photos of old ships and when I can work out what's what I'll be looking for some help with some identifications.

Great site - looking forward to my membership.

Lindsay

ruud
17th February 2006, 23:54
Ahoy Lindsay,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.
From Holland

jim barnes
18th February 2006, 00:36
Welcome Lyndsey great bunch here who will help you if they can (*)) (Hippy)

thunderd
18th February 2006, 04:02
A warm welcome Lindsay, I hope you enjoy the site and we look forward to your posts.

nigelcollett
18th February 2006, 09:04
Hi Lindsay

You've docked at an excellant port of call, plenty of good chat, pics and I'm sure you'll find the info you need

Regards

NigelC

lindsayclubb
18th February 2006, 10:40
Thanks for the fantastic welcome!! Not another forum on the net like it!!!

Lindsay

tom nicholson
18th February 2006, 11:33
hi lindsay welcome to a great site
cheers tom (*))

calvin
18th February 2006, 16:41
welcome lindsey find us as one big family we will always help our comrades some my be gone but the memories will live on through sites and friends like these.

R58484956
18th February 2006, 16:47
Welcome lindsay to the site enjoy it and all it has to offer.

david smith
18th February 2006, 17:48
Hi - there are three members of our family who went through Warsash in the seventies and all have fond memories of the place and people- let us know more about your time there and maybe some names!
Welcome to the site.

tanker
18th February 2006, 18:47
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp

Black Sea Kid
19th February 2006, 18:03
Welcome lindsayclubb

Also an ex "parton" of Warsah and the local social facilities in the 70's - they have a section on the site called "Scariest place on a ship", for me even returning to Warsah must rank up there as one of my scariest places to revisit (lots of angry Fathers).

I am a relative newcomer to the “Seagoing Site” also, plenty of “swing that lamp” and green sea’s coming over the bow, but I have been logging in at least 10 times a day SHINC – gets right under yoir skin, so enjoy as much as I do.

Best rgrds/BSK

John.H.Clark
27th July 2008, 22:11
Lindsay, I remember you!

We called you Cosh as you were a little club ! I was Jan-Dec 1958, how old were you at the time ?

John