Shota Rustaveli Southampton to Auckland 1972

rhoda johnson
24th October 2012, 19:29
Hi
My name is Rhoda. I left Southampton on 6th April 1972 on the Russian Ship Shota Rustaveli. On there for one month before arriving in Auckland NZ on about 5th May 1972. I have a few photos of dining room, entertainment, crossing the equater, life boat drill and a few other pics. Maybe you'll know some of the faces?

Pompeyfan
24th October 2012, 19:35
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Rhoda. I used to live in Auckland, and remember Shota Rustaveli visiting. She came alongside at Princes Wharf, now a hotel!.

gdynia
24th October 2012, 20:47
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Gulpers
24th October 2012, 20:54
Rhoda,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
24th October 2012, 22:50
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
25th October 2012, 09:33
Greetings Rhoda and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

jimk67
1st September 2013, 04:32
I was on board the Shota Rustaveli on its voyage from Southampton to Auckland and Sydney, via Panama and Tahiti, in February 1972

rhoda johnson
1st September 2013, 21:47
Hi JIM

You say you were on the Shota Rustaveli the same time as I was.
Do you think we knew each other? I was a passenger but I did do a can can one night with about 5 other girls. Our outfits were of crepe paper which we all made. Did you watch the evenings entertainment on board. What did you think of the banjo player ... Colin Chambers I think his name was. Where did you hang about on board? Where did you get off Auckland or Australia? I settled in Auckland for awhile.
Do you have a photo of yourself back then, I may recognise you. I'm not on this site much. I await your news.

Cheers Rhoda

Also do you remember when we docked in Panama, one of the female passengers was raped as when we all went ashore she stayed behind as she was pregnant. My fiance and I used to chat with her and her husband.