P&O Lines steward 1961-1972

Robert Bond
30th October 2012, 10:48
Hi Everybody. I have just joined the forum. I served on many P&O ships mostly as a bedroom steward and would love to hear from any former shipmates from those heady days. I later emigrated to Australia where I worked for P&O in Sydney head office and Sitmar Cruises. I now live in Nambucca Heads NSW Australia in retirement. Anyone out there remember Robert Bond?

Pompeyfan
30th October 2012, 10:55
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Robert. What was you last P&O ship, only I worked aboard Canberra from 1971 to 73, and passenger aboard Iberia in 1971, so I wonder if our paths crossed?.

R58484956
30th October 2012, 11:17
Greetings Robert and welcome to SN from another P&O man. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
30th October 2012, 13:07
Robert,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

linerrich
30th October 2012, 14:02
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

gdynia
30th October 2012, 14:15
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
30th October 2012, 23:50
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Robert Bond
31st October 2012, 00:58
My last ships were "Canberra"on New York based Caribbean cruises in March to October 1973 which were a disaster as we ran aground in Grenada and blew a bioler in Martinique! Then came the "SA Vaal"of the Union Steam Line for one trip SA and back. By then I realised my seagoing days were over for good.

Pompeyfan
31st October 2012, 09:39
My last ships were "Canberra"on New York based Caribbean cruises in March to October 1973 which were a disaster as we ran aground in Grenada and blew a bioler in Martinique! Then came the "SA Vaal"of the Union Steam Line for one trip SA and back. By then I realised my seagoing days were over for good.

Hi Robert, you must have joined Canberra when I left her. I came off her after her Christmas Cruise 1972, which was a disaster in itself, so was not aboard when she went to New York. Martinique must have been a bogey place because we had to miss it on the Christmas Cruise when sea water was pumped into the drinking water system and my boss the Surgeon died!.