Sir Rex Hunt

Duncan112
13th November 2012, 19:42
Sir Rex Hunt who was Governor of the Falkland Islands at the time of the Argentine invasion has passed away aged 86.

Although he was a RAF Officer I feel he deserves a mention here because of the maritime involvement in the recapture of the Falkland Isles and his orders to Naval Party 8901 at the time of the invasion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/politics-obituaries/9672255/Sir-Rex-Hunt.html

RIP Sir Rex, a truly honourable man

chadburn
13th November 2012, 20:34
You beat me to it Duncan, a very Honourable Man and former Spitfire Pilot in the RAF. Lived at Elton near Stockton-on-Tees not to far from Redcar where he went to school. One of the breed whose mantra was "If it has to be done then it has to be done properly, there is no other way"

Erimus
13th November 2012, 20:39
You beat me to it Duncan, a very Honourable Man and former Spitfire Pilot in the RAF. Lived at Elton near Stockton-on-Tees not to far from Redcar where he went to school. One of the breed whose mantra was "If it has to be done then it has to be done properly, there is no other way"

.....and me too........................Met him at a presentation once, didn't know who he was as he kept himself to himself but a charming fellow.......well as a Teessider he would be...........

geoff

Farmer John
13th November 2012, 22:25
Always thought him to be a very unpretentious man who spoke quietly but carried a big stick (albeit indirectly). A model for some of our leaders perhaps.

borderreiver
15th November 2012, 13:11
Great Guy gave every person a swarberry from his green house