Gazlee and Son Tugs

Colin Orr
17th November 2012, 07:59
Hi Everyone,
Does anybody know what happened to the River Thames tug owners ‘Gazlee and Son’? I was a apprentice Waterman and Lighterman onboard the ‘Agama’ based at West India Dock Pier. Just to remind you the company funnel colours were yellow with three red bands. The “opposition” at the time was Sun Tugs based in North Woolwich and Knights tugs which were the same construction as the Gazlee tugs. I left the Thames in 1958 to join the RN, the rest is history.

A.D.FROST
17th November 2012, 08:54
Hi Everyone,
Does anybody know what happened to the River Thames tug owners ‘Gazlee and Son’? I was a apprentice Waterman and Lighterman onboard the ‘Agama’ based at West India Dock Pier. Just to remind you the company funnel colours were yellow with three red bands. The “opposition” at the time was Sun Tugs based in North Woolwich and Knights tugs which were the same construction as the Gazlee tugs. I left the Thames in 1958 to join the RN, the rest is history.

Try this(Thumb)
http://www.lighteragetugs.co.uk/GASELEE-AND-SON-LTD-%5B2%5D.php

gdynia
17th November 2012, 08:56
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Pompeyfan
17th November 2012, 09:03
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Colin.

Gulpers
17th November 2012, 09:11
Colin,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
17th November 2012, 09:27
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
17th November 2012, 09:37
Greetings Colin and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Aberdonian
4th June 2014, 15:10
Hi Everyone,

Colin:

Here is a picture of my old MacAndrews ship Pozarica with the Gaselee tug Agama in attendance.

Keith