ex esso employees

jonjo777
24th November 2012, 16:41
hey im john jack ex esso tankers any one on here know me drop me line love to chat again

Pompeyfan
24th November 2012, 19:12
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard John.

billyboy
25th November 2012, 00:41
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
25th November 2012, 00:43
John,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

kevhogg
25th November 2012, 01:47
Hi John sure you must know my old man-Alan Hogg he was a cook from North Shields and am sure I've heard ye name mentioned when he starts cracking on abt his days at sea.

ART6
25th November 2012, 11:58
Which Esso ships did you sail on John? I was in Esso at the same time as you.

R58484956
25th November 2012, 13:02
Greetings John and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

jonjo777
25th November 2012, 14:52
Which Esso ships did you sail on John? I was in Esso at the same time as you.

esso cardiff esso humber esso clyde esso milford haven esso demetia esso tyne esso fawley esso clyde esso tees esso forth esso seven esso mersey esso warwickshire esso aberdeen esso fife esso plymouth

stan mayes
25th November 2012, 15:01
Does anyone remember Roger Downes?
35 years with Esso until retirement -latterly as Catering Superintendent.
Sadly Roger crossed the bar on 3rd November 2012. RIP
Stan

Cutsplice
25th November 2012, 18:28
Stan. Although I was never in ESSO I did am sure fly from Dubai to Heathrow with a guy who was a catering officer in ESSO, am pretty sure it was Roger Downes. Apart from being on the same flight we were in the same hotel in Dubai, the Intercontinental Hotel, it was in the seventies grey matter not as good as it was but certainly the name rings a bell quite clearly.
RIP Roger.

guinnessmick
26th November 2012, 00:09
esso cardiff esso humber esso clyde esso milford haven esso demetia esso tyne esso fawley esso clyde esso tees esso forth esso seven esso mersey esso warwickshire esso aberdeen esso fife esso plymouth

hi did you know my cousin's husband ray flint to my knowledge he was on two of those ships esso cardiff and esso aberdeen he was a purser/chief steward

gdynia
26th November 2012, 04:07
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

ART6
26th November 2012, 10:53

Seems the only one we have in common was the Warwickshire. I sailed in her in 1963, 1965, and 1966. Were you there then?

jonjo777
26th November 2012, 18:46
Does anyone remember Roger Downes?
35 years with Esso until retirement -latterly as Catering Superintendent.
Sadly Roger crossed the bar on 3rd November 2012. RIP
Stan

hey stan ye i remember him allthough i was on deck i met him couple of times at esso seminars nice guy to talk to sorry to here hes not around anymore

Tony Shaw
28th November 2012, 21:28
Sorry fellas - wasn't on the 'big' ones. Spent 15 years on small coasters :_Caernarvon, Ipswich, Dover, Hythe, Woolston, Inverness, Penzance, Tenby and Avon.