Richard and Jade Bower

Richard and Jade Bower
28th November 2012, 15:59
Hello, Like many people my daughter and I are attempting to discover
some family history and we are investigating both my grandfather, Merchant Seaman Captain Richard Bower, we have his Extra Masters certificate, and his father and my great grandfather and Mariner Henry Bower both of Liverpool we think. We have an enormouse amount of information about Richard and his illustrious career applying his trade between Liverpool, Southahpton, Tenerife, and The Congo between 1877 and 1919 which I would be more than pleased to share with other members but little about Henry other than he may have been married more than once and he and his wife were lost at sea in the Bay of Biscay. Richard was both born and buried at sea for which we hold birth and death certificates and as a boy of 19 is said to have rescued 6 French fishmen among many maritime stories, in a storm in Biscay around 1890 and subsequently awarded a medal by the French authorities but we have no knowledge of this other than a newspaper article. Any thoughts please.

billyboy
28th November 2012, 22:19
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
28th November 2012, 22:36
Richard and Jade,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your fascinating introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
28th November 2012, 22:39
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Richard and Jade. I hope you find the information you are seeking.

R58484956
29th November 2012, 10:24
Greetings Richard & Jade and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

linerrich
29th November 2012, 12:33
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich