hello and a happy christmas

jay20black
13th December 2012, 20:38
Hell every one
my name is ray LLoyd and i class myself as a postal historian,
sounds a bit posher than a stamp collector.
My main passion is the island of Tristan da Cunha in the south Atlantic and its visiting ships. However 3 years ago i purchased some
illustrated envelopes by Captain Bryan Hill and noticed they had a GBLA cachet on them. Did some research and discovered what the GBLA was and got very interested in the postal history side.Managed to buy a few letters and stamped envelopes and and capt. Bryan's book and so began to form a collection. Have been very interested in the comments and nostaga on this Forum so please keep them coming.
If anyone has anything they would like to sell and who would treasure them please let me know
Kind Regards
RayL

trotterdotpom
13th December 2012, 20:42
Welcome to SN. So was GBLA the callsign of Capt. Hill's ship or what?

John T

Gulpers
13th December 2012, 21:28
Ray,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
13th December 2012, 21:43
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Ray. As per site policy, I have deleted your e-mail address for your security otherwise you could be inundated with e-mails. You can use the sites Private Message system to contact other members where you can disclose your e-mail address if you so wish.

R58484956
14th December 2012, 10:31
Greetings RayL and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

jionsmith
14th December 2012, 17:21
Hello jay20black,
Same to you.
many many happy Christmas you and your family.

billyboy
14th December 2012, 23:06
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer