New Shipmate

CommanderChuff
29th December 2012, 21:36
Ahoy Shipmates,

Hallo and Happy New Year.

Just a quick intro from a modeller of railways and ex maritime aviator. Having spent time at sea in the grey navy and now sailing in the Solent seas in a yatch, I find myself seeking information on the Queen Mary in 1936. The background for the QM request is in my frist post in the general forum, but I would like present my recent projects in my railway.

The Overlord Military Train is a set thirty wagons which I scratch built from plastic sheet and loaded suitable trucks and tanks. This model represents the British army being transported by rail to the south coast ports for loading onto the invasion fleet for D-Day. The full article can be found here >> http://www.gauge0guild.com/Gazette/Article16_12.html

This next model won second prize at the annual modelling competition and is a railway mounted 12 inch howitzer and support wagon. http://www.ww2talk.com/forum/modelling/41770-railway-artillery-howitzer-3.html#post539186.

The new project is a model of the RMS Queen Mary and there are some pictures of the progress so far on the posting in the general forum.

David,

billyboy
29th December 2012, 23:02
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
30th December 2012, 09:28
David,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and, since you share common interests with many of our members, you will also undoubtedly be exchanging messages before long. (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
30th December 2012, 09:38
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard David.

linerrich
30th December 2012, 11:43
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

R58484956
30th December 2012, 12:00
Greetings David and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Robert Bush
2nd January 2013, 14:49
Dear David,
As a boy I remember the Fleet Air Arm station at Lee on Solent seeing the amphibious Walrus I think they were called waddle across the road and into the sea.

In more recent years I flew by PH and Evergreen helicopters out to ships and oil rigs from Texas and from Saudi Arabia. It certainly beats a crew launch.

Best
Bob