Passenger list

ODDBALL
5th January 2013, 11:04
Hello
I am new to this site but I am researching my family tree and my famiy emigrated to Australia on MV Cheshire on 28 February 1951 and arrived in Melbourne on 7 April 1951. Can anyone help me find the passenger list?
I would also like a photo of the ship on this date if possible please.

Thank you
ODDBALL

Gulpers
5th January 2013, 11:18
ODDBALL,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and I hope that someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

There are also some pointers here (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=4825) which may help your research. (Bounce)

Gulpers
5th January 2013, 11:23
ODDBALL,

I think this (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/314862/title/cheshire/cat/520) is the ship you are looking for. (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
5th January 2013, 11:23
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard ODDBALL.

Roger Bentley
5th January 2013, 11:48
Hello
I am new to this site but I am researching my family tree and my famiy emigrated to Australia on MV Cheshire on 28 February 1951 and arrived in Melbourne on 7 April 1951. Can anyone help me find the passenger list?
I would also like a photo of the ship on this date if possible please.

Thank you
ODDBALL

Hi, I was 3rd Radio Officer on this ship for the voyage concerned. I can let you have picture of the ship and will contact you by private message later. Don't know about the passenger list but since they all sailed uner the 10 assisted passage scheme there must be official lists available. Regards, Roger

Gulpers
5th January 2013, 11:51
Hi, I was 3rd Radio Officer on this ship for the voyage concerned. I can let you have picture of the ship and will contact you by private message later. Don't know about the passenger list but since they all sailed uner the 10 assisted passage scheme there must be official lists available. Regards, Roger

Result! (Applause)
Well done Roger, I am sure ODDBALL will be delighted to hear from you. (Thumb)

ODDBALL
5th January 2013, 11:56
Thank you so much Roger -my that was quick! I look forward to hearing from you again,.

Roger Bentley
5th January 2013, 12:01
Ok will post a private message tomorrow with details re ship etc and arrange to forward pictures via e mail. Cheers Rogerl

Pompeyfan
5th January 2013, 12:18
Ok will post a private message tomorrow with details re ship etc and arrange to forward pictures via e mail. Cheers Rogerl

Well done Roger. One thing I would add is that when I emigrated on Northern Star in 1968, passenger lists were only given to passengers as far as I am aware, so hopefully a passenger still exists from the trip you mention, ODDBALL because I still have mine albeit 17 years later, and different company. However, I would suggest as Roger has already indicated that official lists must be available, so since Melbourne was the final destination, I suggest you begin there. Perhaps one of our members living there can help with an address of a records office or something. I recall looking for a former friend once who lived in Sydney, but all records were kept in Canberra. Good luck.

billyboy
5th January 2013, 21:31
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

John Callon
5th January 2013, 21:49
I was with Bibby Line from 1960 and all passenger lists were retained by the Company in their archives which at that time were in their Head office in Liverpool. Bibby Line are still an active shipping company and their head office is as follows: Bibby Line Limited, 105 Duke Street, Liverpool L1 5JQ Tel No. 0151 708 8000. If I was you I would give them a call and if maybe they could help. Good luck.
Regards
John