Crossed the Bar: Brendan Ward

Calsatch
11th January 2013, 16:01
Sad to see a name I remember well in the Obits this week, Brendan Ward, formerly with Denholms and Cal Mac. Best wishes to all his family. Only 66...

Varley
11th January 2013, 16:56
Very shocking to hear this and of course very sad too. My condolences.

Gulpers
11th January 2013, 18:50
Didn't sail with Brendan but do recall his name.
Sincere condolences to his family.

baileysan
11th January 2013, 20:23
Sorry to hear about Brendan, my condolences to his family. I worked with Brenden in Houston for Gleneagles and then on many occasions in Glasgow. A fine fellow and colleague.

oldman 80
12th January 2013, 04:54
Absolutely shocked and horrified to learn of the passing of Brendan Ward.
Another one gone - and it's far too young, I believe.
I first met Brendan when he came ashore to assist Willie McAlistair in Glasgow.
A very fine fellow I thought.
My condolences to the family at this very sad time.

John Cassels
12th January 2013, 08:33
Sorry to hear about Brendan, a good man. My condolences.

Angus Murray
12th January 2013, 17:48
Saddened to hear of Brendan's passing. Good memories of our time together on the Port Campbell, along with other fellow apprentices Bob Wood and Roger Smeaton. Condolences to his family.

Roddy MacSween
13th January 2013, 20:28
I sailed with Brendan on the 'Glenpark' in 1969. A pro to his finger tips and also a great shipmate. Great team on that ship including Tommy Russell (Lecky), Matt Malone (3/E, Jimmy Allen (3/E), Big John MacLeod (C/O), Captain J Campbell, etc,

Sincere condolences to the family. I only wish I had kept in touch - BOT Acquintance and one of the best mates you could wish for.

Roddy MacSween

Jon Vincent
13th January 2013, 23:54
How sad I was not a "Denholms" man but relieved him as C/O on the Burmah Endeavour and he also paid me a visit when one of the ghastly Burmpac vessels broke down on my docks in Texas City. Always very pleasant decent man, we are the same age, scary. My heart felt condolenses to his family

wmiller
18th January 2013, 14:25
Sad news indeed. Never sailed with Brendan. However he was my ship manager during my later days with Diamond D as master on the 'Bise' [ex Cast Petrel/Eden Bridge] circa 1984. Always a sympathetic and helpful ear on the 'steam radio' phone.

Bill Miller, Alford Aberdeenshire.

Gordon L Smeaton
28th January 2013, 11:50
Sad to hear of Brendan's passing, he was a schoolmate and cadet with my brother Rodger, new the family well when we were all growing up in Perth, will certainly pass on the sad news. Condolences to the family