MV Cedric 1968

blackoutjack
21st January 2013, 16:04
Hi
I joined the MV Cedric in Hull in May 1968 as a Junior Engineer.
Dave Goshawk
My first trip was on a double header to South Africa ,Aussie,Kiwi West Indies,States and Canada.
As I was a first tripper I had the initiation of crossing the line,covered in engine sludge and head shaved down the middle.
Some of the names I remember were,Dave Cory,Derrick Wilkie, Ian?cadet ,George 3rd E,Norrie Scarlet, Greg?Cadet, Bob? E,Jimmie Kilo.
Where are you now?

Gulpers
21st January 2013, 17:21
Dave,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - we guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
21st January 2013, 18:22
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Dave.

LenT
21st January 2013, 18:40
G'day Dave,

Dave Cory is still alive and well, here in NZ. I cant guess at any of the others. I was on the N.Star at that time

He is C/E on Milburn Carrier (I think), Cement Carrier working the NZ coast. and has been there for many years.

I occasionally hear of him thro Mike Butson, who has recently retired from the same outfit

Cheers, Len Tarleton

andrewcarol.c
21st January 2013, 23:41
Hi Dave.
Good to hear from you. I was 2nd Engineer on that trip. Not quite the double header it was meant to be. We were supposed to go back to New Zealand after Canada but did not do so. Delays in Jamacia with riots the cause if I remember correctly. In am now retired in Auckland. Will be seeing Dave Cory this evening & will mention this contact.
Regards,
Bert Campbell

R58484956
22nd January 2013, 09:59
Greetings Dave and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

blackoutjack
25th April 2013, 16:01
Hi Len and Bert ,Thanks for the reply it has sated my curiosity.
Bert I remember you know ,and I recall we sailed outward bound with another Second Eng. nickname( Leaky) I dont think I ever heard his real name.
Glad to see that you and Dave are still in touch,I could post some photos of crossing the line but Im not sure they would be allowed

Dave ( Jnr Fridge Eng)

billyboy
25th April 2013, 22:38
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

puddenhead80
4th March 2014, 23:56
Hello Dave,

It's Derick.I remember our MV Cedric days very well. Also your visit to Grangemouth when you were with United Baltic. It would be great to hear how life has treated to you. I hope you are still on this site so we can get in touch.

All the very very best,

Derick Wilkie.

R58484956
5th March 2014, 09:39
Greetings Derick and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.