Hi

john appleton
29th January 2013, 12:10
Morning all,
I work in the offshore industy at a fuel terminal in Gt Yarmouth as a youngster use to take photograph with my father of tugs and many other vessels.
Worked for Jackson marine F&s marine can all so remember some of the lads from Theriot tugs who were based here in yarmouth from the 1970s.
Its good to see some of the old tugs are still around working in various ports around the world. I still have an intrest in were the boats are and hope someone from the time the vessels were working from yarmouth can remember me would be nice to hear from them.
All the best john

Pompeyfan
29th January 2013, 12:15
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard John.

gdynia
29th January 2013, 13:37
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
29th January 2013, 14:47
Greetings John and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
29th January 2013, 19:33
John,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderators, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
30th January 2013, 00:25
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.

jim egan
18th February 2013, 14:53
Morning all,
I work in the offshore industy at a fuel terminal in Gt Yarmouth as a youngster use to take photograph with my father of tugs and many other vessels.
Worked for Jackson marine F&s marine can all so remember some of the lads from Theriot tugs who were based here in yarmouth from the 1970s.
Its good to see some of the old tugs are still around working in various ports around the world. I still have an intrest in were the boats are and hope someone from the time the vessels were working from yarmouth can remember me would be nice to hear from them.
All the best john

Hi John,cant say i remember you but was on Therriot 2 and 6 if memory serves me right. Probably about 71/72 at that time they used to lay up over winter up in Methil harbour in Fife. The one i was on at start of season use to run Antwerp/Gt Yarmouth/Peterhead for MacDermotts. Remember something about a guy that worked in Yarmouth office and 2 American tugs at that time. Skipper i was with was Billy and mate were from West Hartlepool. Regards Jim Egan