New Old Boy

Voyageur Sam
30th January 2013, 21:44
Like many, I suppose, I am looking back on a sea going career of long ago and trying to pull together the memories of events which I did no properly record at the time. I am starting by trying to construct my own gallery of all the ships I sailed in, in fact remarkably few for a 23 year career from 1963 to 1987. My early searches led me here and the threads I have read so far persuaded me to join. I have been on-line since Microlink in the 1980s but this is the first forum I have joined - catching up at last. I have already found material for my gallery except for one ship so I will now look for the proper thread to search for the Hunter Cambridge, though there might be nobody who would like to remember her under that name. A tanker bought back from the Greeks who had bought her when she was well past her best. No wonder the trip I did was "Interesting" - detained as unseaworthy after putting in to Curacao for repairs, then the crew mutinied in Maracaibo. I hope to enjoy following the appropriate threads in an attempt to find her under that name, as well as many other connections with my past career.

Pompeyfan
30th January 2013, 22:05
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Voyageur Sam.

R58484956
31st January 2013, 08:47
Greetings VS and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
31st January 2013, 20:47
Voyageur Sam,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
31st January 2013, 23:09
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer