Happy Paps

SPEAKO
3rd February 2013, 00:13
Hi All, Have got to 21st Century in the form of a computer & Internet. Was Apprentice Papayanni 1960-64 Pandorian Anglian,Venetian,Maltasian,Castilian ( also as passenger coming home from surgery Famagusta Hospital in `61 ), and also on Borneo runs `
63 ( City of Peterborough & City of Norwich ((Maltasian I think )). Be glad to hear from anyone!

Gulpers
3rd February 2013, 00:20
Speako,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - we guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

johncpugh
3rd February 2013, 02:31
Speako,

I was an apprentice with E&P and I think that when I was on the Castillian in Famagusta John Bell my fellow apprentice and myself came up to the hospital to visit you. If I recall you was recovering from an appendicitis operation.

billyboy
3rd February 2013, 07:25
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Pompeyfan
3rd February 2013, 08:19
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Speako. Hopefully, you will find old shipmates (Thumb)

R58484956
3rd February 2013, 15:50
Greetings Speako and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

SPEAKO
3rd February 2013, 22:15
Speako,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - we guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

Thanks for welcome. Know Anglesey well- come from Colwyn Bay ( now in Bury,Lancs ) and still have wekkly visits Beddgelert ( Have Caravan there as a getaway! ) Great to be part of Forum been away from sea going days for many years so looking forward hearing from anyone,Thanks

Barrie Youde
3rd February 2013, 22:23

Hi, John Pugh,

If you are still in touch with John Bell, do please give him my best regards. We were at radar school at Gladstone Dock together in 1966 - and I'm still in touch with Alan Bole, who ran the show there and also at Byrom Street for many years.

Best wishes,

Barrie Youde

SPEAKO
3rd February 2013, 22:28
Speako,

I was an apprentice with E&P and I think that when I was on the Castillian in Famagusta John Bell my fellow apprentice and myself came up to the hospital to visit you. If I recall you was recovering from an appendicitis operation.

Hi . Yes that`s me John Speakman with emergency op. in Famagusta ( Peritonitis- very lucky to have survived ) I must have bin in a state as was not aware of visitors at time, my apologies but thanks for the effort. Got myself a bit tied up with the ward sister ( lovely Greek girl ) who had done all her training in Wrexham and had many English books etc. to see me thru. Unfortunately E&P wasn`t too happy with all this and arranged my homecoming on Christmas Eve on Castilian to have my 2nd. op. in Colwyn Bay ( my home at the time ) instead of Famagusta. Anyway they slipped up 8 Months later cos I was on my way back in the job and going to Famagusta and had grand renunion!!! Long story all in the past but great to hear from you ,I remember you otherwise and thanks for cotact. Will reminisce ? again. Hope you are OK, glad I`m not on my own,ageing fast!!!

SPEAKO
3rd February 2013, 22:34
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Thanks,looking forward to some laughs etc. again.Its been a long time

SPEAKO
3rd February 2013, 22:36
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Speako. Hopefully, you will find old shipmates (Thumb)

Thanks, great to be back

SPEAKO
3rd February 2013, 22:53

Hi, John Pugh,

If you are still in touch with John Bell, do please give him my best regards. We were at radar school at Gladstone Dock together in 1966 - and I'm still in touch with Alan Bole, who ran the show there and also at Byrom Street for many years.

Best wishes,

Barrie Youde

Hi John, Unfotunately I lost touch with everyone after I left in 1964 after my last trip on I think it was CROSBIAN following sudden death of my Dad at an early age whilst I was on last Borneo run and saw my time out to finish 1964 and didn`t unfortunately take up E&P`s offer to return to do 2nd.Mate`s Ticket after 12 Mnths.leave. One of the biggest mistakes I have made in my life!!However I have good memories but no contacts until now. Hope you OK good to hear from you Regards,John Speakman