Hello

Rocket_Ron
16th February 2013, 18:18
Hello folks, short time loiterer, enjoying the reading, thought i`d best introduce myself.

I`ve no affiliation with shipping or the sea as such, but do enjoy most transport forms.
A lifetime ago when i hit 16, there was bugger all to do round here for an up-and-coming young man, so i took the plunge and joined the RAF.
Had a terrific time (looking back now at the good bits), and got to see the world with someone else paying...is there a better way ?
Pulled the plug on that when it was obvious we were being privatised on the quiet (note:not on the cheap, just the quiet).
And now i`m still travelling, but this time much more local, and on steel wheels, working on`t trains.

My youngest is closing to school leaving age, and now casting around (not as vigourously as i`d like) for something to do.
I`ve said `no` to joining up while we`re fighting the world in far flung sandy places that we`ve no allegiance to; but have tried steering him towards the MN, in particular the Newcastle college, but no luck.

Reading these forums, its obvious the MN isn`t what it was, but then what is ?
The RAF that i joined wasn`t the RAF i left, and its even further down the line from there now.
I must be getting old...but apparently its better than the alternative.

Gulpers
16th February 2013, 18:39
Ron,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
Thanks for your interesting introduction, you will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN.
Now that you've taken the plunge, keep posting. (Thumb)

Oh, nice legs by the way! (Jester)

gdynia
16th February 2013, 18:40
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Rocket_Ron
16th February 2013, 21:18
Ron,

Oh, nice legs by the way! (Jester)

Can`t take credit for them, their not mine.
And if i wasn`t such a computer biff they`d be moving.

robert the bruce
16th February 2013, 22:32
Brilliant introduction, good write up. Although, sadly they're not your legs, strange? What part of the country are you on t'trains, my hobbie. Welcome to this great site and look forward to more write ups.

Rob

billyboy
16th February 2013, 23:08
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Rocket_Ron
16th February 2013, 23:41
Brilliant introduction, good write up. Although, sadly they're not your legs, strange? What part of the country are you on t'trains, my hobbie. Welcome to this great site and look forward to more write ups.

Rob

Yorkshire, where men are men and`t rhubarb crumble. (Jester)

R58484956
17th February 2013, 12:41
Greetings RR and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

kypros
17th February 2013, 15:00
Welcome aboard ron after reading what this site as to offer you will probably regret not joining the MN. reguards KYPROS