New today

searcher1943
17th February 2013, 20:42
Retired Mersey pilot with a keen interest in all Mersey docks history and related shipping. Already seen Liverpool pilot boat pictures in the gallery reminding me of pilot apprentice days back in the 1960's - ship nostalgia indeed.

Pompeyfan
17th February 2013, 20:48
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard searcher1943.

billyboy
17th February 2013, 21:06
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
17th February 2013, 21:08
searcher1943,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

linerrich
18th February 2013, 11:13
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

R58484956
18th February 2013, 15:44
Greetings Searcher and welcome to SN. We have quite a few pilots on board. Bon voyage.

Frank P
18th February 2013, 20:12
Welcome onboard searcher, enjoy the site.

I have a question for you.

In the Summer of 1967 I was onboard the M/S Else Reith and we were coming into Liverpool, we had the pilot onboard and the engine packed up, we anchored and I think the pilot left the ship, it took awhile but the engineers repaired the engine and we entered the docks, East Bramley Moor (I think). We discharged the cargo (Paper) and loaded general cargo and left the docks, shortly after the pilot had left the ship (1 or 2 hours) the engine packed up again but this time it was something major and the engineers could not repair it, tugs were called for and we were towed back into Liverpool.
Would there be any records of this event.

Cheers Frank