Any help or info please

licoombs
24th February 2013, 03:30
My father was a Merchantseaman but I have none of his records or papers. He was Scottish, from Glasgow and served pre and post WW2 He was an Engineer with BISNCo, serving on the Modassa, Chupra, Chybassa and Ethiopia. His name was David Smith Wood, born 1916. I have none of his papers or records and he has now died. I have tried several search sites but can find no records. Does anyone have any info on any of these ships and any help on where I can access Crew lists please.
Thank you

billyboy
24th February 2013, 04:50
A warm Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please Enjoy all this great site has to offer

A.D.FROST
24th February 2013, 09:03
My father was a Merchantseaman but I have none of his records or papers. He was Scottish, from Glasgow and served pre and post WW2 He was an Engineer with BISNCo, serving on the Modassa, Chupra, Chybassa and Ethiopia. His name was David Smith Wood, born 1916. I have none of his papers or records and he has now died. I have tried several search sites but can find no records. Does anyone have any info on any of these ships and any help on where I can access Crew lists please.
Thank you

Plenty info on Google.Try this for the ships
http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/lines/bisn.shtml

John Briggs
24th February 2013, 10:15
Suggest you have a look at the British India site at http://www.biship.com/

You could pose your question to members of that site which may just give a result.

hawkey01
24th February 2013, 12:01
Licoombs,

On behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. John has given you the first search area and I am sure if you make a post in the - Shipping Lines Forum - under the sub heading of British India Line you will find lots of help.

Hawkey01

R58484956
24th February 2013, 14:42
Greetings Licoombs and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

gdynia
24th February 2013, 15:29
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Hugh MacLean
24th February 2013, 16:10
Hello and welcome,
Can you tell me where he was born please?
You mention some ships, can you tell me where you got the information from - does he have a discharge number? Can you also give me an idea roughly when he left the service.

Regards
Hugh

Pompeyfan
24th February 2013, 17:23
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Licoombs.

Gulpers
24th February 2013, 21:19
Licoombs,

Yet again on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)