Aloha from Honolulu

Alexio
26th February 2013, 17:36
Hello,

I'm a former member of the USN and USMC (fixing maritime patrol aircraft and ECM aircraft), and a former defense contractor working on US Navy training ranges in California and Hawaii.

I'm a Nautical Archaeologist these days, with interests in shipbuilding, Hawaiian Inter-island shipping, Medieval Japanese and Chinese maritime history, and Coast Defense.

Before all that I was a Sea Scout, sailing small boats.

Alex h

Gulpers
26th February 2013, 18:43
Alex,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
26th February 2013, 22:03
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
26th February 2013, 22:39
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

ben27
26th February 2013, 22:46
good day and welcome alexio.you seem to have a wealth of knowledge on many subjects, look forward to your future threads, have a good day,ben27

Pompeyfan
27th February 2013, 00:36
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Alex.

R58484956
27th February 2013, 10:10
Greetinga Alex and a warm welcome to SN from across the oceans. Bon voyage.

linerrich
27th February 2013, 11:11
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

Varley
27th February 2013, 18:23
Hey guys. Be a bit cautious with this one. He may be after us as exhibits!

(Seriously, welcome - David V)

Alexio
27th February 2013, 19:41
Seriously - I spent almost 15 years in the military and another 6 and a half as a Navy contractor and never went to sea - the closest was a chance I didn't take, to do a deployment on USS Saratoga. All my service time was on airbases.

My only nautical adventure other than daily boat trips to near-shore wreck sites was two summers interning with a company in Florida surveying for shipwrecks in the Keys (looking for more of a slave ship that had wrecked there).

Alexio