Sorry I forgot to say "hello"

Hollydog
28th February 2013, 14:58
I am Pat currently trying to piece together my family history. The Palmers go way back as seafaring men (nothing grand!)I have fishermen, lifeboatmen, master mariners etc and my Dad was in the Royal Navy and my brother John also has the sea in his blood so why therefore am I frightened of water and can't swim!!! I love Liverpool FC despite it's ups and downs; I love gardening where I can go and take it out of the weeds when we lose.......obviously no weeds in my garden!!!!!!! As a mature lady I am hoping not to pop my clogs until Liverpool win the Premier League and I can find the birth and death of my gt grandfather John Palmer seasman from Goole Yorkshire born 1835........not sure if either will materialise!!!!!!! Holly was my dog!!!!

gdynia
28th February 2013, 15:05
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

fred henderson
28th February 2013, 16:55
A warm welcome to SN. I hope that you will fully enjoy the benefits of your membership by joining in the discussions on any topic that you find to be of interest to you. If Fishing Vessels are one of these you may like to have access to the photos in the Fishing Vessels Gallery. This can be achieved by following the guidance in: -

https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=39213

connie
28th February 2013, 17:06
I am Pat currently trying to piece together my family history. The Palmers go way back as seafaring men (nothing grand!)I have fishermen, lifeboatmen, master mariners etc and my Dad was in the Royal Navy and my brother John also has the sea in his blood so why therefore am I frightened of water and can't swim!!! I love Liverpool FC despite it's ups and downs; I love gardening where I can go and take it out of the weeds when we lose.......obviously no weeds in my garden!!!!!!! As a mature lady I am hoping not to pop my clogs until Liverpool win the Premier League and I can find the birth and death of my gt grandfather John Palmer seasman from Goole Yorkshire born 1835........not sure if either will materialise!!!!!!! Holly was my dog!!!!

hi hollydog,
wellcome to this site, liverpool win the league eh? you are in for a long life, lol.!! mind u i support newcastle-(the french reserve team.- good luck in your research)
best wishes- connie-also named after my late lamented pet dog.

Pompeyfan
28th February 2013, 18:35
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Hollydog.

Gulpers
28th February 2013, 20:59
Pat,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
28th February 2013, 21:54
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Lynne Caffyn
28th February 2013, 22:17
Hi Pat,
If you get even half as much enjoyment from this site as I have in the short time I've been aboard, you'll find it more than worthwhile.
Warm Wishes,
Lynne

R58484956
1st March 2013, 11:31
Greetings Pat and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Robert Hilton
1st March 2013, 12:16
I am Pat currently trying to piece together my family history. The Palmers go way back as seafaring men (nothing grand!)I have fishermen, lifeboatmen, master mariners etc and my Dad was in the Royal Navy and my brother John also has the sea in his blood so why therefore am I frightened of water and can't swim?

Maybe, over many generations, some of us get wise to the sea, but it must be rare.

Hollydog
2nd March 2013, 16:26
I would like to thank all of you who welcomed me on board. To Connie the Geordie fan; miss Holly like mad - she was 17! Hoping you will beat Swansea today as they are hot on our heels; even 4th place is impossible for us now but your French connection seems to be working so enjoy the ooh! la! la! while you can!!!

Hollydog
2nd March 2013, 16:28
Thanks Fred - will check the link you gave me....