Ww One Anti-aircraft Gun

cshortridge73
17th March 2013, 15:59
If you and your buddies ever gather at the local watering hole [Pub] to swap sea stories I'll bet my billfold, and drinks all-around, that nobody will mention the "Poole Gun."
Well here is your chance to enlighten your group with WW I being the introduction of the first purpose-designed anti-aircraft gun.
Actually there is not a whole lot of memory about this lightweight Naval A/A gun, and the only ones to view in today's world are in a few museums.

So if you wish to be "in the know" just click on this: POOLE GUN (http://navalmerchantshiparticles.blogspot.com/2013/03/ww-one-anti-aircraft-gun.html) to let your eyes dance over the history.

donald h
17th March 2013, 16:10
Nice article, Bud. Thank you.

regards, Donald

cshortridge73
17th March 2013, 16:24
Thank you Donald.....Hope everyone enjoys it.

ben27
17th March 2013, 23:56
good morning cshortridge73.today,01:24.re: poole gun.very informative.you learn every day.thank you.have a good one ben27

cshortridge73
18th March 2013, 12:52
And a "Good Day" to you sir. Each time I research a nautical subject so as I can bang it out in my own crude writing style.....I always learn "something" new. Many times I'll come upon a new version of sea battle, or sometimes a first hand accounting of a WW II sea event.
I try to make each posting interesting as well as informative....but of course that does not always happen....but on the other hand if I had not made any effort to write the article at all then that in itself is not good either. So hopefully there is at least a couple of things in each article that is of interest to all readers.
Thanks for your comment
Bud Shortridge