3D cameras.

Dickyboy
26th March 2013, 20:12
Anyone got any suggestions on what 3D camera to buy?
To be used mainly for scenic shots, ships, and so on.
Would need to be able to view on a computer, either by using the usual types of photo software, or if needed, a downloadable program that may or may not come with the camera. Say, 600.00 maximum. Also, would there be any real benefit in getting one for such photo's? (Thumb)

George.GM
30th March 2013, 16:27
The Olympus SZ-31 from Amazon for 178.20 seems to have good
write ups.

Dickyboy
30th March 2013, 16:42
Thanks George :)

Dickyboy
2nd April 2013, 22:44
I didn't buy a 3D camera. I didn't realise that one of my photo programs has one. It's very good! Need a pair of red/blue glasses, which I have anyway. And I can make virtually any photo 3D. I got a new camera with a GPS tracker instead. :)

Farmer John
2nd April 2013, 23:38
I didn't buy a 3D camera. I didn't realise that one of my photo programs has one. It's very good! Need a pair of red/blue glasses, which I have anyway. And I can make virtually any photo 3D. I got a new camera with a GPS tracker instead. :)

C'mon, what did you get? The GPS thing would be very useful for tagging botanical and bird records.

Dickyboy
3rd April 2013, 00:59
C'mon, what did you get? The GPS thing would be very useful for tagging botanical and bird records.

I haven't used it yet, so can't report on how good it is, but it's a "Canon PowerShot SX230 HS" Data can be uploaded to Google maps for plotting picture locations. The GPS can either be left on, to track a route, and log any photos taken along that route, or just used when a photo is taken, without plotting a route. Of course it can also be switched off as well. The camera is a compact, 14mp, and a 14X zoom. VERY Similar to other compact cameras I guess, but the GPS is a bonus, and the extra zoom will be I think.

Farmer John
3rd April 2013, 17:13
I haven't used it yet, so can't report on how good it is, but it's a "Canon PowerShot SX230 HS" Data can be uploaded to Google maps for plotting picture locations. The GPS can either be left on, to track a route, and log any photos taken along that route, or just used when a photo is taken, without plotting a route. Of course it can also be switched off as well. The camera is a compact, 14mp, and a 14X zoom. VERY Similar to other compact cameras I guess, but the GPS is a bonus, and the extra zoom will be I think.

I just checked that out, it is quite an impressive spec and good reviews. Thanks for that.

Dickyboy
3rd April 2013, 23:15
I hope to take it out for a walk tomorrow and hopfully try out the GPS, and then use my 3D program on the pictures as well.
There are probably better, more expencive GPS cameras on the market, and better 3D products as well. The 3D program is in the "Roxio Creator 2012" package by the way.