Mod Pensions.

OLD STRAWBERRY
18th April 2013, 14:43
I would just like to say how grateful I am to have had mostly MOD Employment during my Career in both the RFA and PAS/RMAS. As I now benefit from a reasonable Pension. Without which I am sure would have been a meagre exisistence on the State Pension alone. I'm sure I am a lot better off than I would've been with a MN pension??. I had intended to start this thread in the PAS/RMAS section but I guess it does'nt matter at the end of the day.

Derek Roger
18th April 2013, 15:32
I thought it was Mod pensions . Thought I had made a windfall! Derek

slick
18th April 2013, 18:15
All,
I too served with the RFA and during the course of my career, I took a fair amount of ribbing over my low salary and poor prospects.
However my one consolation was the prospect of a reasonable pension and so it has turned out thus, how have others in the MN done, after all we all thought the MNOPF would see us alright.?

Yours aye,

slick

"Lecky"
1st March 2014, 01:17
Was your pension contributed by you or MOD[N] only?

"lecky"

slick
1st March 2014, 14:17
Hello Lecky,
There was a contributory element, I cannot recal how much or how it was calculated.

Yours aye,

slick

PS I also transferred money out of the MNOPF into the scheme.

senior pilot
1st March 2014, 17:48
i transfer my 11 years pas pension into my post office one and left with full 40 year pension took it as a large lump sum plus monthly pension and was able to pay off my mortgage and live not to bad