help needed to complete a book about coasters

billedge
14th May 2013, 17:08
I need some help to complete and hopefully publish a book I have written. There are excellent books which describe coasters, where they were built, who owned them, when they were scrapped, etc., but very few books which describe what they actually did day by day and where they went to. So I have written a book which gives a
snapshot of all the coasters active in the Irish Sea in 1951 and how
busy each coaster was. It also mentions how many vessels visited a
particular port and who the main owners of these vessels were.

The text is now complete but I am hopeless with photographs and would love for someone who is excellent with photographs to take over the project and run with it. Also I suffered a stroke last December so cannot do as much or get about as much as I used to.
I would underwrite any reasonable costs incurred by anyone helping to illustrate and publish this book and if anyone is at all interested
please contact me via this thread or on [email protected] and I will answer any questions.

Ken Glasdir
16th September 2017, 18:06
I need some help to complete and hopefully publish a book I have written. There are excellent books which describe coasters, where they were built, who owned them, when they were scrapped, etc., but very few books which describe what they actually did day by day and where they went to. So I have written a book which gives a
snapshot of all the coasters active in the Irish Sea in 1951 and how
busy each coaster was. It also mentions how many vessels visited a
particular port and who the main owners of these vessels were.

The text is now complete but I am hopeless with photographs and would love for someone who is excellent with photographs to take over the project and run with it. Also I suffered a stroke last December so cannot do as much or get about as much as I used to.
I would underwrite any reasonable costs incurred by anyone helping to illustrate and publish this book and if anyone is at all interested
please contact me via this thread or on [email protected] and I will answer any questions.

As a fellow writer (who started his seafaring career aboard Irish Sea coasters in the fifties) I would love to help with this sorely needed book. Unfortunately I have neither the time nor skills to take the job on. Have some photos of coasters from the fifties + an article in Maritime Wales about my experiences. best of luck with the project and let us know when it becomes available.

mary75
16th September 2017, 18:38
There are freelance editors availabe. Your nearest university or college probably has a Creative Writing Department and could provide such contacts. It sounds like a worthwhile book, and I encourage you to get it finished and off to a publisher. Sending you best wishes for recovery from the stroke.