Passenger ships in Egypt.

janathull
5th July 2013, 15:26
I have heard a report that at least 1 passenger ship, possibly more, have been held in Egypt on the Red Sea. The story has it that all passengers and crew have been repatriated. Any one know anything. Many thanks.

chadburn
5th July 2013, 16:40
Not heard anything but it would not be a surprise as most of the Shipping World will be worried about using the Ditch in case there will be a 2013 Bitter Lakes Club on the cards.

janathull
5th July 2013, 17:10
Apparently the passengers were paid 600 compensation by whichever company was involved, I am expecting more news later. I don't think a Bitter lakes Club will happen, it cost them a fortune last time.

Pompeyfan
5th July 2013, 22:00
I have heard a report that at least 1 passenger ship, possibly more, have been held in Egypt on the Red Sea. The story has it that all passengers and crew have been repatriated. Any one know anything. Many thanks.

I have been covering the situation in Egypt in Cruises and Cruising here on SN, and not aware of any passenger ship held cruise or otherwise other than cruise ships being re-routed including Thomson. Tour operators are monitoring the situation.

janathull
6th July 2013, 05:41
O.K. Thanks.