new recruit

Peter3860
15th July 2013, 16:47
Hello, I'm Peter. I live near Brussels, Belgium and have always had a keen interest in things maritime. That's probably due to the fact that I grew up in Bruges, Belgium in the 1960's and enjoyed the output of various off shore radio stations dotted off the coasts of The UK and Holland (Hippy) . Since then I have moved into broadcasting myself :D

Gulpers
15th July 2013, 18:06
Peter,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
15th July 2013, 18:41
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Peter.

The offshore radio stations you mentioned brought back many happy memories, Radio Caroline, London and many others. Great nostalgia (Thumb)

John Rogers
15th July 2013, 19:29
Welcome Peter to SN. You live in a beautiful town, now over-run with tourist this time of the year.

billyboy
15th July 2013, 23:19
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
16th July 2013, 10:13
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Peter3860
16th July 2013, 10:41
Thanks to all for your warm welcome :)
@ John Rogers: Brussels is indeed overrun by tourists at the moment. But even under these circumstances it's still a beautiful place ;)
@ Pompeyfan: the influence of the offshore stations on the medium radio in Europe is still apparent today. So not only do they provide great memories, they also changed radio beyond recognition.

R58484956
17th July 2013, 11:00
Greetings Peter and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.