mv wendover

johnlarking
19th July 2013, 18:39
Hi I'm john larking I'm new to this. i saw the wansted on this site.

I was on the wendover Mar 58 - Jan59 on the photo attached trapped in the ice on St Lawrence seaway. was any one still around that served on her at this time?

Pompeyfan
19th July 2013, 18:49
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard John.

Gulpers
19th July 2013, 21:18
John,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - we guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

billyboy
20th July 2013, 00:32
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Trader
20th July 2013, 00:55
Hi John, I took that photo when I was on the Manchester Vanguard, I remember walking over the ice to exchange books and mags. etc.
Years later I was shipmates with Pat Doyle AB. (RIP) who was on the Wendover at that time.
Alec.

johnlarking
27th July 2013, 23:02
hi Alec, thank you for the welcome, if i remember i believe Pat was
Irish and was tip top for rules / regulations, also good with the chatter.
I also walked across to drugstore with mates had to sit on radiators
to warm up, i was s. o. s at the time thanks again john

R58484956
29th July 2013, 10:31
Greetings John and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Trader
29th July 2013, 18:58
Hi John,
Thanks for your reply, Pat Doyle was born and bred in Dover but with a name like that he had Irish ancestry. As you say he had the gift of the gab and liked everything right, very neat and tidy. He died about 16 years ago and I still miss his humour.

Alec.

R396040
29th July 2013, 19:43
Hi I'm john larking I'm new to this. i saw the wansted on this site.

I was on the wendover Mar 58 - Jan59 on the photo attached trapped in the ice on St Lawrence seaway. was any one still around that served on her at this time?

Hi John,
I was just across the ice flows on the ASIA of Cunard during that time.
Stuart