Malcolm Allen 1948

a. lugton
22nd July 2013, 16:16
Hello, wondering if anyone out there knew James Malcolm Allen from Doncaster? Probably known as Malcolm, he died in 1948 aged 18. He was on the British Enterprise sailing to/from Abadan and was buried at sea in the Persian Gulf. He was training to be a Navigation Officer.
I know this is a long shot, but would dearly love to find out more about Malcolm. Thanks for reading.

R58484956
22nd July 2013, 17:28
Greetings a.lugton and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
22nd July 2013, 18:50
a. lugton,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and hopefully someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

Graham Wallace
22nd July 2013, 22:14
Hello, wondering if anyone out there knew James Malcolm Allen from Doncaster? Probably known as Malcolm, he died in 1948 aged 18. He was on the British Enterprise sailing to/from Abadan and was buried at sea in the Persian Gulf. He was training to be a Navigation Officer.
I know this is a long shot, but would dearly love to find out more about Malcolm. Thanks for reading.

I 'may' be able to help, I collect all things BP. I made a database of BP Navigating Apprentices 1948/85 , he does not appear on but that is not surprising if he died in 1948.
I have sent you a Ships nostalgia email, maybe we can take it further.

I think this thread should be in BP Shipping section

Graham

billyboy
22nd July 2013, 23:38
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

a. lugton
22nd July 2013, 23:56
I 'may' be able to help, I collect all things BP. I made a database of BP Navigating Apprentices 1948/85 , he does not appear on but that is not surprising if he died in 1948.
I have sent you a Ships nostalgia email, maybe we can take it further.

I think this thread should be in BP Shipping section

Graham
Thank you so much for responding, i have replied to your e-mail with a little bit more information and an explanation about why I am researching.

a. lugton
22nd July 2013, 23:58
a. lugton,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and hopefully someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)
Thank you, I hope so too