'Tobi' RIP

todd
24th July 2013, 16:36
It is with a very sad heart that I tell you that my amigo of seventeen years, Tobi passed-on an hour ago.
I was blessed to have him as a great friend for all those years.

RIP Tobi.

Jim

makko
24th July 2013, 18:18
My condolences, Todd. We had to put down Penny, a black Lab in April. This was balanced by the birth of six Min Pins by Coco in mid June. The seesaw of life.......
Rgds.
Dave

cueball44
24th July 2013, 20:03
R.I.P TOBI. Condolences Todd. I still miss my "Rusty".

Pat Kennedy
24th July 2013, 20:40
Sorry to hear that Jim. He looked like a little cracker.
There are differing points of view but we got another dog within a month of losing the wife's chihuahua. Im very glad we did, he is a joy to have around.
Regards,
Pat

tugboat
24th July 2013, 20:46
My condolences to you too, Todd. I lost my beautiful Westie in the Spring last year, and thinking of her still brings a tear to my eye. Such wonderful companions.

billyboy
24th July 2013, 21:41
Also condolences to you Todd. Lost both dogs a good few years back to cancer. Dont think I could handle it again.

Sister Eleff
25th July 2013, 02:31
I feel for you Todd, 17 was a good innings but I dread the day it happens for us - a while off yet I hope. Our wee chap is a Spitz cross and it looks as if Tobi had a bit of Spitz in him. Quite a character I am sure he was, he has that look about him.

Condolences also to Makko, Cueball44 and many others who have been in the same position. They certainly have a way of getting into your heart.

PatriciaAnnT
25th July 2013, 03:14
It's a sad day indeed, Jim. My condolences. I still miss our Yellow Lab, Bob. We lost him too early.

I have never been able to finish reading this tribute to our four-legged friends. It's gets very blurry towards the end.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Jacktar1
25th July 2013, 03:18
JIm,
Sorry for your loss of such a good looking buddy. Pets become so much part of ones family and life. And furthermore, they never let you down.

Glan

John Briggs
25th July 2013, 05:29
Oh dear Pats! That was beautiful and it made me cry.
So sorry for your loss Tod. When I lose my little mate I don't know how I will cope.

Satanic Mechanic
25th July 2013, 05:53
Ach Jim sorry to hear your news - there are few things worse. as you know I lost my two exactly a year apart. Horrible time

Keltic Star
25th July 2013, 06:19
My sincere condolences. I've lost two over the years and each time the wife and I said we could never go through such a loss again. But on both occasions, after a while, there was some little soul that needed love and a warm bed. I just hope we still have a good few years to enjoy our little Emma.

Hang in there Todd, we all understand how you feel. Remember all the good times together.
Bob

Pompeyfan
25th July 2013, 09:39
So sorry to hear of your sad loss Jim.

I lost my GSD seven years ago. He was my best friend, so I know what you are going through. But you are amongst friends here as well sharing your grief.

Thanks for posting Rainbow Bridge PatriciaAnnT. I read it a lot when feeling down. Hopefully, it will give you comfort Jim and other members.

Varley
25th July 2013, 11:27
Always sad. We (now just I) have kept the family topped up. When one goes there is always one or two left. The topper up can come as a surprise to the incumbent(s) - usually settles down fine.

Fine verses M'lady - don't fancy having to cross the bridge early just because my queue has got too long 'though!

Alex Salmond
25th July 2013, 12:04
Todd we have our differences but on this sad occasion on the passing of your wee buddy you have my very sincere condolences he looks like he was a great wee dog ,I have four shelties ,three of whom are getting on a bit and we re absolutely dreading the thought of them going we even got ourselves a new chum last year who keeps them on their toes and who may lessen the pain a bit ,but I doubt it ,I always wonder why we put ourselves through all the pain of losing them ,then I remember all the great times and the joy they give us over the years and I understand ,condolences once again

kevjacko
25th July 2013, 13:51
Hi Todd,

Sincere condolences

todd
25th July 2013, 16:52
Thank You everyone for your condolences, I can say no more that I sincerely appreciate every one of them.

Jim

ben27
30th July 2013, 02:15
good day todd.sm.25july.2013.01:36;re:TOBI.R.I.P.please accept my condolence at your loss.regards ben27

rickles23
30th July 2013, 09:09
Hi Todd,
It is hard to loose an old friend.
It is many years now since my old 'Specs' died and I still miss the old dog. Regards

Dickyboy
30th July 2013, 10:44
Really sorry to hear of the loss of your great friend Todd. Had several dogs over the years, and they were all lovely animals, with one exception, and are still sorely missed many years after their passing. Dogs only hold good memories don't they.

Dickyboy
30th July 2013, 10:47
Oh dear Pats! That was beautiful and it made me cry.
So sorry for your loss Tod. When I lose my little mate I don't know how I will cope.

Are you sure he's the Mate and you the Master John?? (Jester)

John Briggs
30th July 2013, 14:15
You've seen him Dick - so you know too much!

Dickyboy
30th July 2013, 16:32
You've seen him Dick - so you know too much!
I am tempted to post a pic' John, but I fear for your street cred :)

John Briggs
31st July 2013, 02:04
I know, I know Dickyboy, he's not a slavering monster just
a medium sized love machine.
I don't mind you posting a photo.

Dickyboy
31st July 2013, 09:19
I know, I know Dickyboy, he's not a slavering monster just
a medium sized love machine.
I don't mind you posting a photo.
Okay John, I will, but on a thread I've just started "Pets Corner"
I'm sorry that I became flippant on this thread, it's a thread that's about the sadness of losing a friend.....

Coastie
31st July 2013, 12:48
http://http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/yhm5fhhttp://http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/yhm5fhHi Todd.

Although I saw this thread when you first posted it it has taken me til now to "steel myself" to both read and reply.

I lost my companion of 13 years back in 2009. He'd been with me almost from day one of becoming part of the Family. He was a Mans dog, much to the disgust of the EXGF. EXGF's move on but he stayed with me and was with me when I moved up to Shetland 10 years ago and was always with me (Apart from the time he was with CED, but that's another story.)

Jesse would have made a GREAT SARDA dog cos he could find anything.

Four years on, I still miss him and still hear him headbutting the bedroom door to get in.

I've tried to post a piccy of him here but it doesn't seem to want to post for some reason.

Try the link below.
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/yhm5fh

The sad thing is, Jesse was a rescue dog but because of the 12 hour shifts I work, I'm not allowed to have to have another rescue dog because he/she would be on their own for too long!

Tmac1720
31st July 2013, 16:29
Sad news indeed Todd, and my sincere condolences on your loss. All of us pet lovers, none of us really ever own an animal, will feel your pain. Just as a point of interest there is a wonderful site to pay an everlasting tribute to Tobi. Its called www.in-memory-of-pets.com.

Scelerat
31st July 2013, 20:42
My condolences to you. Six I've lost, over the years, including my parents' dogs, and it doesn't get any easier.
http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_dog.htm

Willowgarth
17th August 2013, 16:42
Sorry to hear of your sad loss mate, I know how it feels as I had to have my old dog put down a couple of years ago, now it's just me and the parrot.
Sorry I haven't been in touch lately.
Regards, Fred