Greetings

Robin J Smith
27th July 2013, 23:47
Hi everyone,
I stumbled on this when I was looking to see if any of my old ships were still around.
Until I read some of these posts and saw some names (ships and people) that I knew, I had forgotten what a tight knit community it is.
I was a Blue Flue gadget 1980 to 1984 sailing on Kowloon Bay, Myrmidon, Ras Lanuf, Myrmidon again. I then joined Turnbull Scott sailing on Sealock, St Aubin and Sealock/Malvern again before coming ashore in 1986. I remember these times fondly and often draw on my sea time experiences to help me solve problems at work in large construction projects in the UK.
I stay in touch with one or two of my compatriots from college (Andy Brown, Ian D'Arcy, Laurie Poole) and would love to hear from anyone that I sailed with, particularly Bob Babbington, Pete Blackman, John Goddard, Graham Knowles, Pete Roberts (who I lost touch with) and John Wilkinson.

All the best
Robin

stevie burgess
28th July 2013, 00:00
Hi Robin,
I started sailing on the Liverpool Bay class ships in 1983 but first time i was on Kowloon Bay wasn't until 1990. They were lovely ships to sail on too.I was AB.

Gulpers
28th July 2013, 00:02
Robin,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
28th July 2013, 00:14
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
28th July 2013, 03:06
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Pompeyfan
28th July 2013, 07:54
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Robin.

Robin J Smith
28th July 2013, 08:51
Hi Robin,
I started sailing on the Liverpool Bay class ships in 1983 but first time i was on Kowloon Bay wasn't until 1990. They were lovely ships to sail on too.I was AB.

My first trip was on the Kowloon Bay on a Far Eastern Express run, what an introduction to sea life! You are right Stevie they were lovely ships.
A few years later I was sailing up towards Suez on the Sealock at about 10 knots and the Kowloon Bay came past like we were standing still! Apparently one of the crew had fallen off the bridge wing cleaning the windows and they were heading for hospital at Aden. She must have been doing around 30 knots. I hope they were able to fix him up.

Robin J Smith
28th July 2013, 08:53
Thanks for all your welcoming words everyone. I look forward to many happy hours with Ships Nostalgia.
Robin

onllshan
28th July 2013, 11:15
welcome

R58484956
29th July 2013, 09:28
Greetings Robin and welcome to SN. Bon voyage