Palm Line

corinne
3rd August 2013, 13:06
Hi, my father was Captain Norman Swan who served in Palm Line for many years. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who knew my father.

Gulpers
3rd August 2013, 13:44
Corinne,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and since we have plenty ex-Palm Line members, someone will hopefully have some anecdotes about your Dad in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

fred henderson
3rd August 2013, 16:08
A warm welcome to SN. I hope that you will fully enjoy the benefits of your membership by joining in the discussions on any topic that you find to be of interest to you.

R58484956
3rd August 2013, 17:45
Greetings Corrine and welcome to SN. Plenty of ex Palm liners on board. Bon voyage.

stan mayes
3rd August 2013, 18:19
Hello Corrine,
I remember your father as a Master in Palm Line..
He was dedicated to charity work and often invited children and staff
to his ship when in Tilbury Docks.
He was a very kind and caring person.
Regards,
Stan

corinne
3rd August 2013, 21:44
Corinne,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and since we have plenty ex-Palm Line members, someone will hopefully have some anecdotes about your Dad in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)
Thank you for your welcome .I have already heard from two Palm Line members. Regards Corinne

corinne
3rd August 2013, 21:53
A warm welcome to SN. I hope that you will fully enjoy the benefits of your membership by joining in the discussions on any topic that you find to be of interest to you.
Thank you for your welcome. I look forward to future discussions with other members. Regards Corinne

corinne
3rd August 2013, 22:10
Hello Corrine,
I remember your father as a Master in Palm Line..
He was dedicated to charity work and often invited children and staff
to his ship when in Tilbury Docks.
He was a very kind and caring person.
Regards,
Stan

Hello. Thank you for your reply. My father invited the children from the Martindale School on board and also visited them at their school. I recently found a book of letters written by the children with some very cute drawings of his ship. They must have meant a lot to him. Regards Corinne

corinne
3rd August 2013, 22:38
Greetings Corrine and welcome to SN. Plenty of ex Palm liners on board. Bon voyage.

Thank you for your welcome. Looking forward to many pleasant voyages , Regards Corinne

billyboy
3rd August 2013, 23:08
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer