Hello Dad was Merchant Navy 60s and 70s!

Angecahill
28th August 2013, 18:33
Hi
My Dad was an engineer in the Merchant Navy in the sixties and early seventies. I know he sailed with Elder Dempster, NZSC and Kuwait Shipping Co. Some of his ships were The Aureol, The Surrey, The Remuera and the Al Mansouriah. His name was James Finnegan. I would be delighted to hear from anyone who might have sailed with him. Having read some of the posts on here there is a good chance someone might. He was from Liverpool.
Would like to add that it is very interesting reading about all of your experiences and memories guys and girls.

Pompeyfan
28th August 2013, 19:14
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Angecahill.

Hopefully, someone will remember your father.

billyboy
28th August 2013, 21:43
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

AlbieR
29th August 2013, 07:26
Hi Angecahill,
I sailed with Kuwait Shipping for many years as an engineer and did a couple of trips on Al Mansouriah. I know your Dad's name and remember meeting him a couple of times, have you any dates for his time on the Al Mansouriah? If you post your question on the threads https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=12080 or https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=2902 I am sure somebody who will have sailed with your Dad wil reply.
Good luck in your search
Albie

Angecahill
29th August 2013, 08:08
Hi all thanks for your welcomes. Albie thank you for the tip on the thread I will try it. Unfortunately my Dad passed away last December and I don't remember what years he sailed with which companies. I do recall he was immensely proud of bring a Merchant Seaman and from memory he only left as a result of a serious back injury sustained in a fall on, I think a tanker, possibly the Al Mansouriah, would have been in the early 70s. I will try to dig out some photos next time I am back in the UK next month as they will have dates.
Angela

hawkey01
29th August 2013, 12:26
Angecahill,

welcome to SN.

Hawkey01

R58484956
29th August 2013, 17:19
Greetings Angecahill and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.