Sir David Frost passes away.

loylobby
1st September 2013, 12:10
Sadly Sir David Frost has died of a suspected heart attack at the age of 74. He had just given a lecture/talk on the Queen Elizabeth.

Binnacle
1st September 2013, 12:23
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23920336

granty
1st September 2013, 12:34
Hi
I do remember Him on the telly when I was a young lad but I could not have been he young as he is only 7 years older than me but he and his programe
That was the week that was , was so funny
May he rest in peace
Cheers
Granty

alan ward
1st September 2013, 14:07
Sadly Sir David Frost has died of a suspected heart attack at the age of 74. He had just given a lecture/talk on the Queen Elizabeth.

Oh dear,that man fronted one what is acknowledged to be the first and best humorous satire programme on TV.With Roy Kinnear,Willy Rushton,Bernard Levin and Michael Crawford they opened my eyes to adult humour.My parents used to allow me stay up and watch as even they thought it was something else.

woodend
1st September 2013, 15:15
R.I.P. and condolences to family and friends. He will be remembered.

Varley
1st September 2013, 16:57
Along with baby faced policemen when such a long serving mover and shaker like him goes it reminds us all of our mortality.

ben27
1st September 2013, 23:46
good day binnacle,sm,yesterday.21:23.re:sir david frost passes away.thank you for posting the link of his history.may he rest in peace,regards ben27

oldman 80
3rd September 2013, 00:24
TW3 (that was the week that was) was a "revolution" and I suspect, the trigger for Monty Python.
David Frost - probably the greatest interviewer of all times.
A reminder of our own mortality - that's for sure.
If we need reminding, - that is.

Leratty
3rd September 2013, 19:28
Alan whatever happened to Will Rushton?
The movie of his setting up of the interviews with Nixon was an eye opener. He put everything on the line when his backers all started to say it was a waste of time no one would watch them etc pulling their funding. So he mortgaged or sold almost everything to complete them & they are now true classic's. Recall Nixon making some remark to one of his aides about 'he could never trust a man who were slip on shoes with tassels.'

Derek Roger
4th September 2013, 01:37
Oh dear,that man fronted one what is acknowledged to be the first and best humorous satire programme on TV.With Roy Kinnear,Willy Rushton,Bernard Levin and Michael Crawford they opened my eyes to adult humour.My parents used to allow me stay up and watch as even they thought it was something else.

Who was the young lady on the programme ? Derek

Hugh Wilson
4th September 2013, 01:42
Millicent Martin

Klaatu83
4th September 2013, 02:09
I remember David Frost appearing on U.S. television a news commentator on the satirical news program, "That Was The Week That Was", or "TW3", which I believe aired during 1964. In American we always thought of him as British, but I understand that the British thought of him as American. In later years I read of him being described as "Mid-Atlantic".

alan ward
4th September 2013, 11:13
Alan whatever happened to Will Rushton?
The movie of his setting up of the interviews with Nixon was an eye opener. He put everything on the line when his backers all started to say it was a waste of time no one would watch them etc pulling their funding. So he mortgaged or sold almost everything to complete them & they are now true classic's. Recall Nixon making some remark to one of his aides about 'he could never trust a man who were slip on shoes with tassels.'

Willy Rushton died some time ago,ever seen his cartoons for Private Eye brilliant.

Leratty
4th September 2013, 11:31
Alan, yes I did, he also made a couple of records but I just can not think of their titles now I recall they were on the humerus side. I wonder if the time he was at Private Eye was the time that Peter Cook was a shareholder? That would have been a riotous time as PC was at his best though worst too due to drink. Apparently when he came to PE's office it was chaos & the luncheons memorable from what I read in his biography.