Say Hello!

Roger Mackrell
30th September 2013, 13:53
Greetings to all.

Roger Mackrell - went to sea with EDL in 1957. Left them for Denholm Ship Management in late 1971 and then transferred to Kuwait Shipping, later UASC, finally coming ashore in 1986. Promoted Master in 1977. Now happily refurbishing antique furniture as a (very lucrative) hobby. Living half the year near Burnley and the other half in a small village in central France trying to help to reduce the wine lake and the cheese mountain.

Gulpers
30th September 2013, 19:05
Roger,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - we guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

Engine Serang
30th September 2013, 19:35
Hi Roger,
met you on some Kuwaiti ship sometime in the late 70's.

Can you still recite the Lords Prayer in West African Pidgin?

If so put it on You Tube, you'll get more hits than the guy with Fenton the sheep dog.

Cheers.

Gulpers
30th September 2013, 20:02
Hi Roger,
met you on some Kuwaiti ship sometime in the late 70's.

Can you still recite the Lords Prayer in West African Pidgin?

If so put it on You Tube, you'll get more hits than the guy with Fenton the sheep dog.

Cheers.

Now this sounds intriguing - SN TV needs this video (Applause)

Pompeyfan
30th September 2013, 20:05
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Roger.

billyboy
30th September 2013, 22:29
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
1st October 2013, 08:07
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
1st October 2013, 12:04
greetings Roger and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Brian Clark Springhall
12th November 2013, 20:11
greetings Roger and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Hello Roger, Another old KSC name coming out of the woodwork, we sailed together on the Ibn Al Atheer with B E D Edwards as old man, you must remember Yoshie and of course Faik Toney 2nd mate and later Tricky Dicky and his wife Suzy who relieved Faik. Have a few photo's of you on ship and ashore in Japan.
Are you still eating the hot green chillies ?

Regards Brian & Yoshie

Roger Mackrell
13th November 2013, 18:05
Good afternoon Brian!
GHood to know that some of us are still around and kicking. I think that you are right about the Al Atheer & BED. Yes, I still eat hot chillies whether red or green - it must have been my training in West Africa with ED's.
Give my regards to Yoshie.
I'm off to choir practice now ready for our big Christmas concert.
Talk again some other day when I'm not too busy.
Cheers.
Roger

Rogerfrench
14th November 2013, 15:04
Hello Roger, I'm pretty sure we met in EDs at some time, I just can't remember when.