3rd October 2013, 06:11
My Name is Joe Small just to say hello to anyone I sailed with on the
Ceramic or Ocean Monarch

gdynia
3rd October 2013, 07:03
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Pompeyfan
3rd October 2013, 07:38
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Joe.

barry john macauley
3rd October 2013, 08:20
Hooray Joe,good to hear from you after all these years. Funnily enough I just picked you out on a group photo of the OM lay abouts recently.Who would have thought our Joe would look so posh in his monkey jacket?. Always tell the tale of my merry men on the Ceramic being named Brian Little and Joe Small..great times. Keep in touch Joe.
Mac.

billyboy
3rd October 2013, 09:07
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

linerrich
3rd October 2013, 11:40
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

Joe S
3rd October 2013, 12:15
Great to hear from you Mac I can't beleive I stumbled across this. And you are right they were good at shaw sav even the OM. What are you doing with yourself these days.

Gulpers
3rd October 2013, 22:26
Joe,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership.
Good to see that you have found an old shipmate already. (Thumb)

barry john macauley
5th October 2013, 08:26
Great to hear from you Mac I can't beleive I stumbled across this. And you are right they were good at shaw sav even the OM. What are you doing with yourself these days.

Went to Zambia in '73 (Copper Mines),then to Jo'burg in '79.Toddled around Southern Africa for a German Engineering company(AEG,later Alstom) till 2007, when I took early retirement, following the loss of my Wife. Presently in Bathurst, Eastern Cape, location of the 1820 English Settlers, where I'm waging a losing battle against Kikuyu grass,Monkeys and the local Mole population.
Keep the Faith.
barry mac (Mac).

John King
5th October 2013, 09:36
Hi mac was terry rylance chief fridge when you were on the ceramic

barry john macauley
5th October 2013, 12:26
Hi mac was terry rylance chief fridge when you were on the ceramic

Hullo John; The name does not ring a bell (but that means naught); as I remember it was a very strange Scot named Fred Dunn, "who was not to be provoked". Another guy I sailed with on Ceramic as Chief Refrig. was Vic. Smith who had sailed Chief Eng. on one of the smaller boats Shaw Swiv had built towards the end of the golden era(Cairn line maybe).A broken Main Shaft on that Boat led to him freezing the lambs on ours. A very nice bloke but over fond of the sauce, as I suppose many of us were at that time(who am I kidding "at that time").
Regards
barry mac.(Pint)

Joe S
6th October 2013, 03:03
Went to Zambia in '73 (Copper Mines),then to Jo'burg in '79.Toddled around Southern Africa for a German Engineering company(AEG,later Alstom) till 2007, when I took early retirement, following the loss of my Wife. Presently in Bathurst, Eastern Cape, location of the 1820 English Settlers, where I'm waging a losing battle against Kikuyu grass,Monkeys and the local Mole population.
Keep the Faith.
barry mac (Mac).

Sorry to hear about you wife. And I sadly I can't remember her name even though she was on a trip to Kiwi with us.Now kikuyu grass,You have my sympathy have you tried gelignite ?, it would help with moles.
Can't help with the monkeys.my problem is snakes, but we came to an agreement don't come into my yard and I won't shoot.

John King
11th October 2013, 15:59
Hi Barry when you mentioned liking the sauce I thought of terry I sailed with him on the Persic then he did a trip on the ceramic,they we're loading and the meat was coming soft he wanted to send it back but those above insisted that he take it and freeze it thro the night they were all on the sauce he had a nervice breakdown after that trip I think it would have been late 60s. Regards John K