Hi New Member Looking for Info

Sherri Hayward
18th October 2013, 08:33
Hi,
My name is Sherri and I am doing some research for a play. I need to write a monologue from a Ship Master perspective on what life was like throughout the last 200 years. I thought I would start with a Ship Master from 1813, 1913 and 2013. I then thought I would look up ship masters from each era but that is proving harder then I thought. I am looking for names of people that would have ran along Lake Huron , perhaps boat names or even if I get lucky ( and since I know sailing runs in the family) a multi generational family that I can draw from each era. I am just trying to get a sense of the people that have built the Canadian Shipping industry, how its changed, and how its stayed the same and how it has influenced the growth of our community ( Sarnia ON ) and our Country ....anyway any help with ideas where to look or names I research woud be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Pompeyfan
18th October 2013, 09:43
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Sherri.

Hopefully, members will be able to help with the information you are seeking. Good luck with your research.

hawkey01
18th October 2013, 12:51
Sherri,

welcome to SN. Good luck with your research.

Hawkey01

R58484956
18th October 2013, 15:01
Greetingser Sherri and welcome to SN from across the pond. Bon voyage.

billyboy
18th October 2013, 22:32
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer