Hi-de-hi

johngo
19th October 2013, 15:30
Hello everybody,

I'm John from Belgium. I'm 39 years old and have a lot of interest in old (and new) vessels and maritime history. I'm working as a lock master at the 'Dammepoortsluis' and the 'Maritieme Sluis' in Bruges. We are working with canal ships (max dimensions 86m length and 11m width).
The Dammepoortsluis is an old lock from the time of Napoleon and Unesco World heritage. The Maritieme sluis is used for canal ships who want to charge or discharge at the port of Zeebrugge. In younger years I was working there as a cargo surveyor on the NYK, MOL and K-Line vessels. I love reading stuff members post on this forum, most of the stuff here I find very interesting. I'll try my best in written english but my first language is dutch so it's possible that I write 'strange english' (Jester) sometimes. Included are some pics of the Dammepoortsluis, one of my working places.
Hope to find a lot of 'shipmates' here on the forum!

Grtz,

John - Brugge - BE

Gulpers
19th October 2013, 15:38
John,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, thanks for your fascinating and well written introduction - a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

R58484956
19th October 2013, 16:00
Greetings John and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Bob Murdoch
19th October 2013, 16:30
Greetings, John,
I live in Drongen-Gent. So it is nice to see another member from Belgium making his number,
Cheers Bob

Pompeyfan
19th October 2013, 22:21
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard John.

billyboy
19th October 2013, 23:24
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

John Cassels
20th October 2013, 09:06
Greetings, John,
I live in Drongen-Gent. So it is nice to see another member from Belgium making his number,
Cheers Bob

I'll second that.

johngo
21st October 2013, 23:51
Thank to y'all for the warm welcome!

Grtz,

John

gdynia
22nd October 2013, 07:24
welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

John Cassels
22nd October 2013, 08:32