Abiding Star LT 451

mikemoss
22nd October 2013, 14:39
I'm researching my fisherman ancestry and believe that 'Flo Johnson' was renamed the 'Abiding Star' LT 451. This vessel, built by Colby Bros - Lowestoft was bought by a great uncle ( Thomas Moss ) and skippered by one or two of his sons - Samuel & Joshua. Any background info on this vessel/crew would be appreciated - I have obtained a photo from a trawler history site.
mike moss

Gulpers
22nd October 2013, 19:52
Mike,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and hopefully someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)
Have a look at this (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=39213) thread which explains how to access the Fishing Vessel Gallery. (Bounce)

billyboy
22nd October 2013, 22:00
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

E.Martin
23rd October 2013, 06:38
I'm researching my fisherman ancestry and believe that 'Flo Johnson' was renamed the 'Abiding Star' LT 451. This vessel, built by Colby Bros - Lowestoft was bought by a great uncle ( Thomas Moss ) and skippered by one or two of his sons - Samuel & Joshua. Any background info on this vessel/crew would be appreciated - I have obtained a photo from a trawler history site.
mike moss

I have been told that details regarding Abiding Star can be found on
Bosun's Watch a Fleetwood Website.

Powers
24th October 2013, 01:39
Mike, your post mentions no dates so this may be totally irrelevant - however, there was a requisitioned trawler operated by the Royal Navy during WWII named HMS Abiding Star. She was classified as an Armed Trawler/Mine Recovery and Degaussing vessel. She was taken up in 1940 and returned in 1946. She may have been a Devonport based ship as she was certainly there in 1946.

Please ignore if this is outside of your time frame. Regards....Paul

R58484956
24th October 2013, 07:56
Greetings Mike and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.