New Member from Scottish Borders

Rob S
23rd October 2013, 06:59
Hi.

In a bit of a nostalgic mood ,decided to check out any guys who attended Leith Nautical College Cadet course starting April 1954. After completing the course, I sailed with Ben Line, but only survived some 6 years then came ashore. Got married, 3 healthy successful sons, 6 grand children. Had a successful career in Social Work in NE Scotland, then retired. Did a few other things then finally retired. Looked after my ailing wife, for a short period, before she died in late 2007, after 48 years of happy marriage.
Now live in Borders part of the year, remarried and live with my Thai wife in Thailand for rest of year.
So anybody out there interested in catching up? Bob or Rob Spence

jg grant
23rd October 2013, 07:24
Hello and welcome from springtime NZ. Hope you enjoy the trip. Ronnie ex Leith pool and TS Dolphin

Pompeyfan
23rd October 2013, 08:50
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Rob.

billyboy
23rd October 2013, 11:14
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
23rd October 2013, 16:50
Greetings Rob and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
23rd October 2013, 19:33
Rob,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you explore our threads and, since there are plenty ex-Ben Line members, you have a good chance of re-establishing contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)