Hi Everyone, any ex shipmates.

mbiggs
30th October 2013, 14:14
Hi Everyone,

Nice to find this site, I was in the merchant navy from 1980 till 1987,

I was at Gravesend Sea School from December 1979 till March 1980 in Catering.

My first ship was the Tor Gothia as a galley boy, then I sailed with Ropners on the Appleby sailing to South America and being in Norfolk Virginia US for six weeks waiting for coal, as a pantry boy.

Then I was with Furness Withey on the Deseado that ran out of Newhaven down to South America.

Next company was with Denholm Ship management on a ship called the Troll Park as a Pantry Boy then got my rating to Assistant Steward.

Next trip was with Texaco as an Assistant Steward on the Texaco Ghent.

Then I was on the QE2 for four and a half years, then after being made redundant emigrated to Australia where I am now living in Brisbane.

I would like to hear from any of my former shipmates who remember me.

All the best

Mark Biggs

Gulpers
30th October 2013, 18:44
Mark,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from Venice - you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you explore our threads and, since there are plenty ex-Denholm members, you have a good chance of re-establishing contact with old shipmates. Troll Lake was the only Troll boat I didn't sail on, but I was on Troll Park before your time.
Good luck!

fred henderson
30th October 2013, 19:21
A warm welcome to SN. I hope that you will fully enjoy the benefits of your membership by joining in the discussions on any topic that you find to be of interest to you.

Pompeyfan
30th October 2013, 21:27
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Mark.

Hopefully, you will find former shipmates. Good luck (Thumb)

billyboy
30th October 2013, 22:50
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

James_C
31st October 2013, 20:31
Mark,
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia where I hope you'll find much of interest and hopefully some old shipmates.
Enjoy the voyage!

R58484956
1st November 2013, 18:17
Greetings Mark and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

gdynia
2nd November 2013, 09:01
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage