MV Sletholm

howea
10th November 2013, 19:06
Did any of you serve on the MV Sletholm that carried cargo to islands around Australia in the late '60's.
howea

Gulpers
10th November 2013, 19:07
howea,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and hopefully someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
10th November 2013, 20:19
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard howea.

billyboy
10th November 2013, 23:29
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
11th November 2013, 16:58
Greetings Howea and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Neil McInnes
13th November 2013, 08:29
I used to stevdore her and her Kalander Line sisters at Sydney in the late 60s, The mate at the time was Peter Sharp infamous in PNG for some of his explots.Her sister was Sletford.

O.M.Bugge
19th November 2013, 10:34
I was Ch.Mate on the Slidre of Karlander New Guinea Line in early1968 and return to her in mid-1969. Transferred to the Slidre Timur later and left in mid-1970. The last few months we traded mainly North Queensland and Arnhemland, with a small cargo for Port Moresby to stay within the cabotage rules.

Neil, you may remember when the mast came down on the Slidre Timur while loading a heavy lift in Darling Harbour?

The Slidre Timur run onto Parker Reef and sunk a few months after I left her.

PS> The sister ship to Sletholm was the Sletfjord. There were also the Salamaua and a couple of newer ships joining KNGL in early 1970s.