s.s. Oriana

maggiewebbercdn
10th November 2013, 22:18
Hello everyone, I joined and am just checking in, reading lots about the s.s. Oriana. An able seaman I knew in the 60's was aboard her and sent wonderful pictures and postcards from her. I am wondering if any of the 'old' crew might have photos of this person (who passed away in the early 2000's). His name is Joe Weeks (real name was Jonah, but he went by the name of Joe). Lovely person, from Wittering, Sussex.

I look forward to reading lots of interesting items about the s.s. Oriana - one of the most beautiful ships of her time. When she was 'disposed of' I wrote to P&O who graciously sent me a wonderful black and white photo of her. It is still on my wall.

Gulpers
10th November 2013, 22:30
Maggie,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and hopefully someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
10th November 2013, 22:42
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Maggie.

We have quite a few members who worked for P&O including Oriana, myself included, so hopefully, others will be in touch who may remember Joe. There is also a reunion this month in Southampton. I will send you details by PM.

billyboy
10th November 2013, 23:31
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
11th November 2013, 16:57
Greetings Maggie and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.