mv orelia

Bradford
17th November 2013, 10:15
Hi, anyone remember serving on the mv orelia? I was on her in 1968. She was on the Rotterdam, north America and north Africa routes. She was definitely bad in storms!. I posted a picture of her aground in workington. Any more stories includingwhere she ended up. Graham.(Pint)

Erimus
17th November 2013, 10:27
Hi......remember her well from my BISCOre days........Captain Pike was first Master from launch at Greythorp....think she was converted into either a Pipe Carrier or a Diving Vessel but if she is the same one operating off Scotland at moment she has lasted well...

geoff

duquesa
17th November 2013, 10:34
Served under Capt.Pike on her in '58. Interesting trips on the N.Atlantic in winter. Submarines come to mind!

A.D.FROST
17th November 2013, 10:38
ORELLIA(r/n ORELIA STAR,MARISUERTA) b/u Apr.1974 Hsinkiang(OREGIS cov.pipe-carrier B/U Vigo Dec.1982)

Bradford
17th November 2013, 18:52
Thanks guys.

ALAN TYLER
3rd December 2013, 15:45
Hi......remember her well from my BISCOre days........Captain Pike was first Master from launch at Greythorp....think she was converted into either a Pipe Carrier or a Diving Vessel but if she is the same one operating off Scotland at moment she has lasted well...

geoff
Geoff the ore carrier that was converted to a diving support vessel was the Oregis (HTS Coupler 1) I sailed in her for several years offshore in the 70,s. The Orelia was a purpose built diving support vessel which built in the mid 80s. Both vessels were owned by Houlders also sailed in the Oreosa under BISCO charter. Alan

ALAN TYLER
3rd December 2013, 15:54
Just looked in the gallery and plenty of photo,s of both Orelia,s.

John Cassels
3rd December 2013, 19:21
Going aground both inside and outside dock gates was fairly common at
Workington. Great place though !.

Erimus
3rd December 2013, 22:25
Wore my Ore Carriers tie at a funeral on Friday....ah memories.

geoff

John Cassels
4th December 2013, 08:54
Margam wharf - Port Talbot in it's heyday , in one tide and out the next.