Hello from daughter of john phillips

johnphillips
27th November 2013, 05:18
I am the daughter of John phillips chief engineer with Salvesens during 60's and
Canadian Pacific during 70's
In the 50's he was on the Hesperus lighthouse ship. I would be interested to here from anyone who remembers him. He passed away in 1996.
Ship names i remember were Saldahna and Saldura. Then the lord mount stephen.
Morag

Graham the pipe
27th November 2013, 07:12
Hi Young Lady! I am not an official of this excellent site but I know that - VERY SOON - you will have your 'official' welcome. This is just a humble member welcoming you to the fold and assuring you that you will be very pleasantly surprised at the response you will receive to your enquiry. Kind regards. GTP

Gulpers
27th November 2013, 08:23
Morag,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Pompeyfan
27th November 2013, 08:34
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Morag.

R58484956
27th November 2013, 12:22
Greetings Morag and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
27th November 2013, 21:08
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

weebobby
28th November 2013, 03:45
Hi
I was first trip 3rd mate on MV Saldanha from November 30th 1964 till Dec 22nd 1965 and believe that Mr Phillips was Chief Engineer during part of that time. Master was Magnus Scott.
I remember that the Chief engineer and the First mate (cannot remember his name) were great buddies , they were both very slim ,active men and every day right after lunch they would walk back and forth on the boat deck for at least an hour. I don,t mean stroll, I mean power walk! Tired me out to watch them just before I went for my afternoon nap.
Mr Phillips was a pleasant, friendly soul and, by all accounts, an excellent Chief engineer.
Unfortunately I do not have any photographs from that trip

Bob

gdynia
28th November 2013, 06:01
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage