Red Duchess

KEITH SEVILLE
10th December 2013, 07:42
Please can anybody confirm if the small general cargo Vessel Red
Duchess ID Number: 6919851 - Built 1969 - 1298 dwt is still in
service. I can trace her back to March this year.
Has she been sold since then, or laid up ???
She used to be a regular vessel to the Mersey and around the
English Coast.

Regards
Keith

JIMMY HAMILTON
10th December 2013, 09:37
Not sure what came of her.. She was hauling Timber on the west coast of Scotland along with another, the Red Baroness. they both disappeared from the area , and I see one called ..Red Ayress on the timber work now.. running into Troon a lot, they must have replaced the other 2 coasters..

pilot
10th December 2013, 10:03
Sea-Web gives Red Duchess Status In Service/Commission

Pat Kennedy
10th December 2013, 10:08
Keith,
the regular skipper of Red Duchess was/is Ray Bloomfield who is an SN member, although I have not seen him post for a while.
Perhaps if you e-mailed Ray he could update you.
Regards,
Pat

shipmate17
10th December 2013, 10:38
Hi Keith,
2011 new owners(D Van Der Kamp. NLD)
Cheers.

KEITH SEVILLE
10th December 2013, 11:58
Thanks for all your replys.
Will give Ray Bloomfield a try and see if I can make contact.

Regards
Keith

paulm
11th December 2013, 22:28
Hi Keith,
The Red Duchess is in Van Der Kemp's yard in Holland - he is a ship broker and is trying to sell her
Regards,
Paulm.

DAVIDJM
11th December 2013, 22:39
The last port of call I have found is Rotterdaam in April. But I have found this wib site so perhaps she is still there waiting for a buyer

http://www.shipbroker.pl/en/statki-na-sprzedaz/drobnicowce-i-masowce/general-cargo-ship-red-duchess-dw_353.html

KEITH SEVILLE
12th December 2013, 06:57
Thankyou both for your replys.

Regards
Keith

Runrig
12th December 2013, 13:56
Not sure what came of her.. She was hauling Timber on the west coast of Scotland along with another, the Red Baroness. they both disappeared from the area , and I see one called ..Red Ayress on the timber work now.. running into Troon a lot, they must have replaced the other 2 coasters..

As Paulm notes, the Red Duchess is in Dick van der Kamp's yard. The Red Baroness is owned in Haiti and left Rotterdam in September 2012. The replacement is Ayress, not Red Ayress. 'Coastal Shipping' magazine is the place to keep up to date with coaster news - there was even a photo of the Red Baroness in the Miami River earlier this year.