Southbank Shipwreck

bill k.
17th December 2013, 05:42
hi

my name is bill Kennedy I was 2nd electrician on the M V Southbank when it ran aground on Washington Island on the 26 Dec 1964 at 4min past 7 am Boxing day The crew as far as I can remember were Capt. Cal JACOBES 1st mate Angus McBain 2nd Bill Mc Intosh 3rd Brian Cox Chief Eng James Harkiss 2nd Eng Jim Castle 3rd John Lund 4th Colin Carmichael 5th Nevil Robinson 6th [we called him harpic sorry cannot remember his name] 1st Elect Mike Mc Nair and myself 2nd Elect Bill Kennedy I would like contact from any of the above,also the person who posted the newspaper photographs of the Southbank from the daily Express you can contact me through this forum

Pompeyfan
17th December 2013, 07:08
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Bill.

Gulpers
17th December 2013, 07:29
Bill,

Once again, on behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

R58484956
17th December 2013, 09:34
Greetings Bill and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
17th December 2013, 09:52
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

phill-neal
28th June 2019, 12:06
Hello Bill,
I have a good friend from our day at HMS Conway and he was a cadet on the Southbank when she was wrecked in the Pacific.
He has asked me if I can find you or get into contact with you on his behalf as his computer skilss are worse than mine. To egt onto this site has taken three attempts but another story. His name is Tim Oakes and he would love to get in touch after so many years. His e mail contact is:-
[email protected]

I can be contacted on:-

[email protected]

I would to be contacted via e mail if possible. Thank you