Looking for Alex Chisholm

LynnKinnear
30th December 2013, 17:17
Alex(Sandy) Chisholm and I sailed on the mv Otaio from 1962 til 1965. I have just found out that he was trying to locate me through Ships Nostalgia in March 2008. Sandy was from Aultbea. Any information would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Lynn Kinnear aka Jim

john fraser
30th December 2013, 17:52
Alex(Sandy) Chisholm and I sailed on the mv Otaio from 1962 til 1965. I have just found out that he was trying to locate me through Ships Nostalgia in March 2008. Sandy was from Aultbea. Any information would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Lynn Kinnear aka Jim

Are you the same Lynn Kinnear that was on the Bencleuch

john fraser
30th December 2013, 18:15
Lynn.(Jim) If you go to Forums and click on Ben Line, Then at the end you will see."Search this Forum".If you enter your name. then Alex comes up when he was looking for you. Click on his profile and you can send him a Private Mail. Hope this helps

billyboy
30th December 2013, 20:49
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

hawkey01
31st December 2013, 10:04
Jim,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. Good luck with your search.

Hawkey01

Pompeyfan
31st December 2013, 10:22
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team, welcome aboard Jim.

R58484956
31st December 2013, 11:39
Greetings Jim and welcome to SN. Bon voyage

LynnKinnear
1st January 2014, 21:30

Hi John
That's me! Not many Lynn Kinnears about. I did three or four trips on the Cleuch from 66 til 68 or roundabout. Eddie Gibb was Mate, Matt Humby,second Mate. Can't remember the skipper but he and the Chief Eng were from Edinburgh. My memory is failing me badly with
your name though, John.
I have received an email from Sandy's cousin so I am totally impressed with Ships Nostalgia. Re your previous threads with Sandy, I got my commercial pilots licence in 1971, but no jobs going so it was back to the boats with Fyffes and Zim Line. Then married and joined the Glasgow Polis in Sept 1972.
Hope all is well with you
Regards Lynn

john fraser
2nd January 2014, 09:31
Hi Lynn. Willie Spencer was skipper. Willie Gilfillan was C/E. Willie Jameson was Ch/Std. I was 2ndStwd. Al.Mackenzie was Ch/Cook( Mad Mac) I think Angus Campbell was Bosun.I always wonder where folk have gone but there is always one like yourself pop up on this site
Rgds
John

LynnKinnear
2nd January 2014, 14:22
Hi Lynn. Willie Spencer was skipper. Willie Gilfillan was C/E. Willie Jameson was Ch/Std. I was 2ndStwd. Al.Mackenzie was Ch/Cook( Mad Mac) I think Angus Campbell was Bosun.I always wonder where folk have gone but there is always one like yourself pop up on this site
Rgds
John
Hi John
Names and faces coming flooding back now. I met the 4th Eng Dave
Henderson? in Edinburgh but that would be early seventies. Was it yourself who was planning a Monte Carlo Rally drive while we were on the Cleuch.?
Regards
Lynn