SS Principia

carommartin
8th January 2014, 19:10
Hello. I am interested in the history of the SS Principia and have found loads of info about the sinking and loss of life in 1895 in the Faroes on this site. My great grandfather, sailing as First Officer 11 years earlier, lost his life when swept overboard in a typhoon and I am really looking for any information about that - if there is any - and also a picture of the ship. It happened off the coast of what was then Shanghai in 1884, the year his only daughter, my grandmother, was born.

The tale has always fascinated me and therefore I am trying to gather together as much information as I can. If anybody out there knows anything, please let me know.

Pompeyfan
8th January 2014, 19:35
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Carommartin.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help with the information you are seeking. Good luck (Thumb)

Gulpers
8th January 2014, 21:13
carommartin,

Once again, on behalf of the SN Moderators, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
9th January 2014, 00:05
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
9th January 2014, 10:44
Greetings Carommartin and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.