I'm looking for work on a dredger can you help?

i7builder
13th January 2014, 00:32
Hiya guys some years ago i was a member on here but ive since lost all the login details "As you do" anyways thought id say hello to you all, hope you had a lovely xmas?

Anyways i am a 360 track machine operator i have the Red & Blue cards for below & above 10 tons meaning i can operate any size 360 track machine, ive operated some decent size machines and ive got a decent amount of experience but i have an issue i dont want to work on a building site i find it boring just digging trenches i have warmed upto Dredgers, now my uncle has been at sea all his life & ive asked him for some advice and he is looking into it but i wondered if anyone on here could offer me any please? the job i am looking to do is operating the 360 machine on the dredgers and i'd work anywhere in the world! i am 40 years old ive had my own computing business building them for clients but he bottom has fallen out the market so i concentrated on diggers, do i need to be trained in anything else to work on a dredger if so what is this please? I would REALLY appreciate any advice guys..

cheers

i7builder
13th January 2014, 08:53
Come on guys 30+ people read this post no replies?? :-)

Frank P
13th January 2014, 10:11
The dredger that I see around Heysham is the W D Mersey and she looks like a suction dredger, there is dredger at Glasson Dock that uses a Grab.

Cheers Frank

Anchorman
13th January 2014, 10:19
Hi i7builder. Get in touch with Humber workboats at killingholme near Grimsby.I am sure they may help and point you in right direction.

i7builder
13th January 2014, 12:18
"Frank/Anchorman" Many thanks chaps! your help us much appreciated!! :-)

Pat Kennedy
13th January 2014, 12:38
Another company you could try is Land and Marine in Bromborough. A few of my ex shipmates went to work for them and said it is a good outfit.
Here's their website;
http://www.landandmarine.com/About%20us/About%20us.html

Good luck,
Pat

i7builder
13th January 2014, 14:22
Thanks Pat! got a few ideas from that many thanks! :-)

i7builder
13th January 2014, 17:18
Ok guys ive had this reply from a HUGE international dredging company who state they have no specific requirements to be a Backhoe dredger operator,

"Please forward your CV and motivation letter so we can look if you background does fits our requirements. There is no blue print or fixed training sequence on how to become a backhoe dredger.

It is the persons effort and motivation which is the main criteria on selection"

Motivation letter? any ideas what i can put lol

jmcg
13th January 2014, 19:31
You might also try an outfit called DEME - a Belgium outfit. www.deme.be

They had a lot of Aussies working on their dredgers in Mexico all last year (still there when I left last week). A rough unruly lot though.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

i7builder
13th January 2014, 20:10
JMCG many thanks! i speak good spanish as well as the wife is from South America so il try them cheers for your time! :-)

jmcg
13th January 2014, 20:32
You should also mention your CSCS and CCNSG cards if you have them.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

Pat Kennedy
13th January 2014, 22:45
Why dont you also check out Boskalis Westminster?
http://westminster.boskalis.com/careers/vacancies.html

i7builder
13th January 2014, 23:06
JMCG thanks yeh ive got the CSCS & the NVQ in the 360 track machine cheers for reminding me i would of forgot!

Hi Pat thanks again your a star il look now!

i7builder
13th January 2014, 23:10
Hey Pat thats a hell of a company! "Royal Boskalis Westminster" ive just flicked them an initial email see where we go from there, cheers :-)
Keith

Pat Kennedy
14th January 2014, 09:54
Boskalis Dragamex might suit you,have a look here, theres a very interesting video about their work, all in Spanish.
http://www.dragamex.com.mx/

i7builder
14th January 2014, 11:47
Wow thanks again Pat thats a decent company cheers!!! :-)

George McCaffery
15th January 2014, 01:00
Hiya guys some years ago i was a member on here but ive since lost all the login details "As you do" anyways thought id say hello to you all, hope you had a lovely xmas?

Anyways i am a 360 track machine operator i have the Red & Blue cards for below & above 10 tons meaning i can operate any size 360 track machine, ive operated some decent size machines and ive got a decent amount of experience but i have an issue i dont want to work on a building site i find it boring just digging trenches i have warmed upto Dredgers, now my uncle has been at sea all his life & ive asked him for some advice and he is looking into it but i wondered if anyone on here could offer me any please? the job i am looking to do is operating the 360 machine on the dredgers and i'd work anywhere in the world! i am 40 years old ive had my own computing business building them for clients but he bottom has fallen out the market so i concentrated on diggers, do i need to be trained in anything else to work on a dredger if so what is this please? I would REALLY appreciate any advice guys..

cheers
May be worth sending your CV to Kelly Beetham at Compass Personnel services kbeetham @compassoffshore.com

i7builder
15th January 2014, 02:20
George Thats fantastic many thanks ive just emailed them!! best wishes :-)
Keith

tom binding
18th January 2014, 10:41
Hi there is a civil engineering and dredging company called Jenkins marine in Poole. good luck

i7builder
18th January 2014, 12:04
Hi Tom, thats a great link thanks so much for your time!!! one thing i have found is that the operators dont really use the joysticks in the machines like i thought as its all done with some software called " Seatools Excavator Position Monitor System " ive tried to see how much the price is and the company Seatools wont tell me they will only deal with businesses B2b which i find a bit silly more so if the cost is into thousands which it will be?

slick
21st January 2014, 12:27
Hello,
(Dredging),You just pick it up as you go along...
Yours aye,
slick