Drifter Dick whittington and vessel? Ocean Guide

Davew79
14th January 2014, 17:29
Hi,
Hello,
I am researching the wartime records of my wife's father. He is listed on the drifter Dick Whittington ( 1941/2 and also on Ocean Guide(1944/45). I am not sure what the Ocean Guide was. Where can I obrain a photgraph of the Dick Whittington as it was during that period.
Regards
Dave

cueball44
14th January 2014, 17:41
Hi,
Hello,
I am researching the wartime records of my wife's father. He is listed on the drifter Dick Whittington ( 1941/2 and also on Ocean Guide(1944/45). I am not sure what the Ocean Guide was. Where can I obrain a photgraph of the Dick Whittington as it was during that period.
Regards
DaveThere is a nice pic of the Dick Whittington in the gallery.

Pompeyfan
14th January 2014, 18:40
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Dave.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help with the information you are seeking. In the meantime, I think this is the photograph you are looking for https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/272514/title/dick-whittington/cat/522

Hugh MacLean
14th January 2014, 19:40
Welcome Dave,

"OCEAN GUIDE" was a drifter attached to the Degaussing Mobile Wiping Unit.

Regards
Hugh

billyboy
14th January 2014, 22:26
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.

Gulpers
14th January 2014, 22:36
Dave,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You seem to be settling in nicely and it's good to see that you are already receiving help with your query.
Enjoy your time with us on SN.(Thumb)

Davew79
15th January 2014, 16:26
There is a nice pic of the Dick Whittington in the gallery.
Hi,
Many thanks but for some reason will not let me display Gallery pictures.
I will chase up why.
Thanks again.
Dave

Davew79
15th January 2014, 16:28
Dave,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You seem to be settling in nicely and it's good to see that you are already receiving help with your query.
Enjoy your time with us on SN.(Thumb)
Thankyou for the wecome.
I am from Guernsey Channel Islands. Not sure where the Angleseycame from!
Regards
Dave

Davew79
15th January 2014, 16:32
Hi Hugh,
Many thanks for that. I could not find a reference to the ship anywhere. I will send away for his service record which I hope will give me more Information etc.
Regards
Dave

R58484956
16th January 2014, 12:13
Greetings Dave and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.